Why become a member? ×

ARIA GT-4

bassmeg

I will be very brief. Really sounds like a Ray, the preamp is not as versatile, the neck is not as nice as a Ray. but considering the price i am selling this for this will get you a really good Stingray copy.

Its in very good condition, maple neck with block inlays, blueburst finish on ash body. 9v preamp.

If anyone has had one of these can you confirm or argue against my comments.

£100. Collected from portsmouth. I am often around brighton or hatfield area. Can post.

[attachment=56263:aug2010_031.JPG][attachment=56264:aug2010_030.JPG][attachment=56265:aug2010_029.JP
G]

[quote name='bassmeg' post='920867' date='Aug 10 2010, 06:26 PM']If anyone has had one of these can you confirm or argue against my comments.[/quote]

I have one of these (not in pretty blue!) and it's a great bass for the money. It's a strange hybrid of a thing & IMO works well - a Jazz-ish neck on a P body with Ray-inspired electronics. Mine plays very nicely after a fret dress & setup and I would say does a passable Ray impersonation, while being infinitely better-looking.

A hundred quid? What's not to like? :)

Jon.

[quote name='bassmeg' post='922304' date='Aug 12 2010, 08:33 AM']Cheers guys, i knew if i wrote as little as i could at the top of the thread then some genuine bassophiles would come along and sell it for me, better than i can. :rolleyes:[/quote]
This would probably be a good time to discuss my commission... :)

J.