Why become a member? ×

Lefay Remington Steele fretless - SOLD

wombatboter

Since I bought a Pedulla Buzz fretless here on BC I found myself playing that bass a bit more than my Lefay although the sustain of the Lefay is better.
There is something however in the Pedulla which appeals to me more and this is why my Lefay is again for sale.
I had already posted it before but this time I have experienced that the Pedulla stays my number one fretless.
This Lefay is a dream to play, has an amazing sustain and a powerful output although it is passive.
The neck feels slim and is very fast and of all the fretless basses I have owned this one generates the most compliments whenever played by fellow bass-players. The action is very low without buzz and this makes playing and sliding effortless.
The stainless steel-neck sounds really warm in contrast with its looks..
These basses cost around 4000 euros new and this one is for sale for 2500 euros (with a gigbag).
Price is firm but I'm open for trades like for instance a fretted Pedulla 4 or a nice fretted Fodera 4-string (with financial compensation when it's needed)
Can be picked up or can be shipped.
Feel free to contact me for any questions..
Thanks
Geert

A couple of weeks ago I made this Youtube-clip (nothing fancy) of the Lefay (noodling a bit), you can switch sounds but this one seems to be the "best" for me..

[url="http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGhuJCYDrQ&feature=related"]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGhuJCYDrQ&...feature=related[/url]

Thanks...didn't have any preformed idea so it's just some improvisation. The action is really low so it's very responsive and it seems like you have to put less effort to press down the strings.
If it gets sold I will miss it but it just is a bit too good to be used as a spare..

Like you mentionned : the neck has a totally different feel from the Wal-basses you are used to but I found it to be really fast and smooth. Also fantastic that this is a passive instrument and the output is still really high.
I hope this brings out the very best in you ...