Why become a member? ×

Extended Range Bass

Matte_black

Hi guys... sorry if I'm not writing a lot but I'm in a really weird period...
After some money issues (after 4 months I'm still waiting for my last paycheck!) I need to get rid of my 3d instrument. Its' a bass completely hand built by me and there's no other one like it. I don't take measurements or templates of my body shapes so this is gonna be a one-off, really.
These are the specs:

1 piece European Ash body
2 pieces Padauk neck with two double-action rods, set-in construction
Padauk fingerboard with 24 frets
35" scale
19mm spacing at bridge (but the spacing is completely up to you, from 16 to 20mm)
2 custom (hand built to my specs, again a unique piece) J pickups with vol/vol/tone controls
chrome hardware
satin oil finish (hand rubbed)

The bass is actually tuned from B to high A# but can be tuned from Low F# or C# if you so desire. The spacing is the same of 4 strings basses so slapping is a breeze (if you're man enough to hold such a beast!). I never liked narrow spacing. The bass has a very sweet tone when unplugged and the pickups are made with the best Alnico magnets and the best wire available. I had them made by a finest artisan to my specs. They're passive pickups and they really deliver the warm, focused tone of this bass. The low strings really have a nice growl while the highest strings almost have the classical guitars warmth. I apologize for not posting the pics but I'm a bit jealous of this axe... it's my third instrument and I really want it to stay with me but money forces me to let it go :)
I'll send pics to potential buyers.
So if you're in the market for an extended range bass this could be a good buy. It's NOT a Ken Smith (it's not perfect when it comes to finish or things like that) but I can assure that it's really a sweet puppy. I'll consider offers in the region of £1000. I could consider partial trades for Acoustic Image amps, Demeter, Alembic or Avalon preamps but I need to get some cash out of the deal. I offer a 24 hours approval period. Please contact me for pics, specs or questions. The beast will be up for sale until I solve my troubles... in that case it will stay with me :huh:

Edited by Matte_black

Wow, sounds awesome!! Cant afford it, but would love to see pics, as an aspiring bass luthier myself..! :huh:

[quote name='Matte_black' post='102901' date='Dec 11 2007, 09:00 PM']Hi guys... sorry if I'm not writing a lot but I'm in a really weird period...
After some money issues (after 4 months I'm still waiting for my last paycheck!) I need to get rid of my 3d instrument. Its' a bass completely hand built by me and there's no other one like it. I don't take measurements or templates of my body shapes so this is gonna be a one-off, really.
These are the specs:

1 piece European Ash body
2 pieces Padauk neck with two double-action rods, set-in construction
Padauk fingerboard with 24 frets
35" scale
19mm spacing at bridge (but the spacing is completely up to you, from 16 to 20mm)
2 custom (hand built to my specs, again a unique piece) J pickups with vol/vol/tone controls
chrome hardware
satin oil finish (hand rubbed)

The bass is actually tuned from B to high A# but can be tuned from Low F# or C# if you so desire. The spacing is the same of 4 strings basses so slapping is a breeze (if you're man enough to hold such a beast!). I never liked narrow spacing. The bass has a very sweet tone when unplugged and the pickups are made with the best Alnico magnets and the best wire available. I had them made by a finest artisan to my specs. They're passive pickups and they really deliver the warm, focused tone of this bass. The low strings really have a nice growl while the highest strings almost have the classical guitars warmth. I apologize for not posting the pics but I'm a bit jealous of this axe... it's my third instrument and I really want it to stay with me but money forces me to let it go :)
So if you're in the market for an extended range bass this could be a good buy. It's NOT a Ken Smith (it's not perfect when it comes to finish or things like that) but I can assure that it's really a sweet puppy. I'll consider offers in the region of £1000. I offer a 24 hours approval period. Please contact me for pics, specs or questions. The beast will be up for sale until I solve my troubles... in that case it will stay with me :huh:[/quote]