Why become a member? ×

Line 6 M9 + Ernie Ball volume pedal for expression?

1976fenderhead

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='916603' date='Aug 6 2010, 01:39 AM']Needs to be the 25k version to work

Cheers[/quote]

Actually I believe this isn't necessarily so; but I am no expert.
However I am awaiting a custom ring mod build, for which i am told I will be able to use one channel of my high gain 250k stereo EB volume pedal, with a Y-cable, for expression control.
I think I was told by both Mario at Robot Factory and by Adam at CoPilotFX that it all depends what the frequency range is of the pedal to be expressed upon.

Someone please correct me if I'm talking out of my bottom.
ta

Edited by Bassnut62

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='918004' date='Aug 7 2010, 02:38 PM']Actually I believe this isn't necessarily so; but I am no expert.
However I am awaiting a custom ring mod build, for which i am told I will be able to use one channel of my high gain 250k stereo EB volume pedal, with a Y-cable, for expression control.
I think I was told by both Mario at Robot Factory and by Adam at CoPilotFX that it all depends what the frequency range is of the pedal to be expressed upon.

Someone please correct me if I'm talking out of my bottom.
ta[/quote]

You are wrong, I'm not saying 250k won't work with other pedals but for the M9/M13 you need the 25k EB or the boss ones that work at 10k

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='918118' date='Aug 7 2010, 04:36 PM']You are wrong, I'm not saying 250k won't work with other pedals but for the M9/M13 you need the 25k EB or the boss ones that work at 10k[/quote]
thanks, thought that might have been a botty burp!

but I guess the key point is if you're going to use a volume pedal for expression, make sure you know whether the frequency/impedance/whatever of your volume pedal matches the requirements of the effect pedal to be expressed upon.

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='918160' date='Aug 7 2010, 05:24 PM']thanks, thought that might have been a botty burp!

but I guess the key point is if you're going to use a volume pedal for expression, make sure you know whether the frequency/impedance/whatever of your volume pedal matches the requirements of the effect pedal to be expressed upon.[/quote]

Yep and also know whether it's cv or not as then you need a completely different expression pedal.