Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Borrow a fretless for a week?

faceman

This may seem like a strange request folks but I was wondering if anyone has a fretless bass (preferably Jazz-ish) that I could borrow for a week to try out? I live in Gateshead so anywhere in the surrounding area...

I've played the Squier VMJ in Sounds Live a fair few times but I don't want to commit to buying one I'm sure it will get used and I will be able to learn to play it decently. I'd like to sit down and spent a good few hours trying it out and recording a few bits to see how I sound.

I'm happy to leave a deposit, contact details and eternal gratitude. Let me know if anyone can help :)

[quote name='faceman' post='911871' date='Aug 1 2010, 01:42 PM']This may seem like a strange request folks but I was wondering if anyone has a fretless bass (preferably Jazz-ish) that I could borrow for a week to try out? I live in Gateshead so anywhere in the surrounding area...

I've played the Squier VMJ in Sounds Live a fair few times but I don't want to commit to buying one I'm sure it will get used and I will be able to learn to play it decently. I'd like to sit down and spent a good few hours trying it out and recording a few bits to see how I sound.

I'm happy to leave a deposit, contact details and eternal gratitude. Let me know if anyone can help :)[/quote]

oh sounds like a spin off from the munkonthehill swapshop here.

I knew this kinda thing would start taking off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck getting what your after

[quote name='witterth' post='911884' date='Aug 1 2010, 01:58 PM']I'll be passing your way to Glasgow from Rochdale,
and could possibly lend you a feckless stingray
(but only overnight)
on the 17th of August,
is that any good to you?
Pm me if you want
I know its not as long as you'd like...but...thought I'd offer
ATB
W[/quote]

what you coming to Glasgow for??? Any gigs?

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='911907' date='Aug 1 2010, 02:36 PM']what you coming to Glasgow for??? Any gigs?[/quote]
No, sadly, its a bad one,
my Mums partner was a massive Rangers fan and he passed away in March this year.
the club have been really kind, and they are letting us scatter his ashes at the "blue gates"
do you know where that is btw ,munk?
I take it its the main gate?
It will be a sh*tty day all round,
so I wanted to do sommat nice for someone on the way up if you get me.
ah well...
:)

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='912012' date='Aug 1 2010, 04:47 PM']No, sadly, its a bad one,
my Mums partner was a massive Rangers fan and he passed away in March this year.
the club have been really kind, and they are letting us scatter his ashes at the "blue gates"
ah well...
:)[/quote]

i would imagine its the main large gate on entry to the park, but im not 100% im afraid.

thats a really great thing though doing something decent for someone in a bad time for yourself and family,,,,,nice one buddy.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='912097' date='Aug 1 2010, 06:26 PM']i would imagine its the main large gate on entry to the park, but im not 100% im afraid.

thats a really great thing though doing something decent for someone in a bad time for yourself and family,,,,,nice one buddy.[/quote]
Instant Karma
KWIM?

Sorry any lend cant be longer, I assume your sorted now Faceman

[quote name='witterth' post='912012' date='Aug 1 2010, 04:47 PM']No, sadly, its a bad one,
ah well...
:)[/quote]

I'm not even a football fan, but you won't miss it when you get there. It's just off the M8 Motorway, junction 20-something.