Why become a member? ×

My Fuzzy Wuzzy Dream

tayste_2000

Since it involves some UK Builders I figured I would share my plans outside of the TB FX Forum

So I got the plan finalised in my head today I'm just waiting for builders to come back to me on prices and what they have in stock.

I'm going to be having 5 or more custom enclosures in a wedge shape (Prism I) made from pedalenclosures.com these will all be in custom colours representing the fuzz inside them. All fuzz's will have [s]no led, no dc in so battery only[/s], knobs on the top side where the jacks are leaving the top of the pedal with only the footswitch.

So far I will be having

Silver Vein - Custom cap modded SFX Bass Colorsound Fuzz
Green Hammer - Big Muff modded to Swollen Pickle Specs with Defeatable Tone Control (Need to find a builder, but most likely SFX)
Black Mist - Shin Ei Companion Fuzz (Ghost FX)
Blue Hammer - Bass modded Ge Fuzz Face (Ghost FX)

Then if possible
Purple Hammer - Rehoused Mojohand Huckleberry V2 Si/Ge Hybrid Fuzz Face
Red Hammer - Rehoused Subdecay Tomato Si Fuzz Face

This may seem a bit crazy but in reality it's going to work out the same as buying a stock pedal or less and it will have a far more tailored feel for what I want.

I may not bother with the Tomato rehouse as its the fuzz that's sitting on my synth board.

The Huckleberry I've already had Tone Factor agree to sell me just a board if I don't want to have mine taken apart.

I've bought the cases, I've decided on which fuzz is going in each box and what led colour, I'm going to have dc in on some of them, basically where it will fit as some will be 2 knob fuzz's others will be 4 with a switch, tbh I'm happy to run the lot on batteries but I do see the benefits of a decent power supply with them.

Ge Fuzz Face will be the first ordered, most likely today.

But any comments or recommendations for mods, additional features etc, is the colour scheme wrong?

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='umph' post='909477' date='Jul 29 2010, 05:29 PM']no tone bender? no super fuzz? no rat? no scrambler? the list could go on ;o[/quote]

Colorsound is a Tone Bender

Don't like the Super Fuzz or what I've heard

Rat isn't a fuzz

Scrambler I've been considering some iteration of it between the Scrambler, the Fender Blender and the Foxx Tone Machine

• 2 weeks later...

Good News: Enclosures Arrived

Bad News: Wrong Enclosures

Between the shipping and import duty and the potential return shipping and then import duty again and the obvious huge shift in timeline, I think I'm just going to buy some stock items from these builders and sell these enclosures on ebay.

FYI I got the YY enclosures instead of the Prism I's

I'm waiting to see what pedalenclosures offer but being an international customer it's likely to be something that will involve a cost and some effort on my part.

Dream crushed