Why become a member? ×

help with a HA3000

blind pilot

HELP !

i have a HA3000, that i love, but last night it developed a problem.

For the first time, i used the post effects line out/in and since then, after disconnectin from there, i have no sound output. Now if i use a 'patch' cable between the out/in the amp produces sound.

my question is, do these jacks have some sort of switch to by-pass the i/o when not in use, and is it possible that if so, its just a bit sticky?

or is there any thing else i can check, really stuck, and strapped for cash, so its me out of the game until i can fix this :)

cheers!

BP

[quote name='blind pilot' post='902822' date='Jul 23 2010, 09:05 AM']HELP !

i have a HA3000, that i love, but last night it developed a problem.

For the first time, i used the post effects line out/in and since then, after disconnectin from there, i have no sound output. Now if i use a 'patch' cable between the out/in the amp produces sound.

my question is, do these jacks have some sort of switch to by-pass the i/o when not in use, and is it possible that if so, its just a bit sticky?

or is there any thing else i can check, really stuck, and strapped for cash, so its me out of the game until i can fix this :)

cheers!

BP[/quote]

Yes they do mate! - The return jack, as you have rightly said has an extra contact on it that acts as a switch to bypass the effects loop when there is nothing attached to it. When you plug in a lead the 'switch' disconnects and allows the loop to work. I have had this very same problem with another amp and at the time I never bothered to fix it - I just left a very short patch lead plugged in to the loop instead - completely safe to do so!

It's likely that the contacts have become dirty or tarnished, or slightly bent out of place, thus not doing the job properly. A person qualified to lift the lid (my disclaimer!) can sort the problem and should charge very little for the fix. In the unlikely event that the socket needs replacing - a suitable socket is only a few pounds from an outlet such as Maplin.