Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The return of the Mustang.

Les

Recently had my old Mustang sorted by a luthier, fret dress, new nut and a set up.

Decide to try a gig with it. But took the Stingray just in case.

OMG. I've transformed from a finger playing Stingray man into a short scale plec playing yob !

Loving it. The sound really suits the bands style (foo fighters, killers, U2 covers etc).

Thought it might lack depth but it doesn't, if I'm being hyper critical I think there's a little less clarity on
the low notes but thats the only fault I can find.

The short scale is amazingly easy to play as well.

Anyway, to complete my transformation I've just got a Zoom B2 as well. There's nothing down for me. :)

[quote name='Stag' post='900303' date='Jul 20 2010, 05:53 PM']Good to hear... I love me a bit of the short scale action. Never tried a Mustang tho, are they essentially very much the same as my trusty Musicmaster?[/quote]

I have no idea mate, they look pretty similar apart the pickup. As Andy said.

Mustangs have a very distinctive sound to my ear. Chris Stillwell (Greyboy Allstars and Robert Walter) uses one .. check [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637488"]here[/url]. (Though interestingly, it sounds like he treats it as a more conveniently-sized precision. )

Only thing stopping me getting one is that I'm pretty tied in to 5ers these days .... I am tempted though.

Anyone want my DeArmond Starfire (another shortie) in trade for a Mustang ?

Andy