Why become a member? ×

For all you G&L fans...

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='rodl2005' post='106320' date='Dec 19 2007, 05:40 AM']My L-2000 arrived yesterday!! What a tone machine!!!!! Unlimited different tones!! Pics to come[/quote]
Now you know why've I become addicted to them. Can't take any other bass to gig with at the moment because I'm hooked on using them. Enjoy!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='106878' date='Dec 20 2007, 08:53 AM']My post Xmas GAS has started already now and ive only had my new P for less than a month :-([/quote]
This is quite a different beast to a P. It's like a "pimped" P bass. Although you can get a Precision or Jazz sound out of it, it's quite zingy. That said, it cuts through the mud of guitars and drums live really well and sounds great when I play "Down In The Tube Station" or "Town Called Malice" on it. :)

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='107508' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:20 AM']This is quite a different beast to a P. It's like a "pimped" P bass. Although you can get a Precision or Jazz sound out of it, it's quite zingy. That said, it cuts through the mud of guitars and drums live really well and sounds great when I play "Down In The Tube Station" or "Town Called Malice" on it. :)[/quote]

Sounds great. Its more the neck size im interested in. Im looking for something wider at the nut than a Jazz but narrow like a Jazz up the other end.

Make sure you try rolling off the volume, treble and bass pots in varying amounts.

I play my US L2000 with about 3/4 vol, 3/4 bass and between 3/4 and no treble, depending on the sound I want. I also almost always play in passive mode. Move your right hand up over the neck with the treble rolled off, neck pickup in series and (particularly with a set of flats on it) you'll get lovely woody mellowness. Move your hand back towards the bridge and get the zing and snarl back - maybe flick to both pickups or even just bridge pup.