Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB2004 - Withdrawn

martfitz

Up for sale is my Yamaha BB2004, it's a lovely bass, but I play my old TRB4 and BB2005 more these days, so I'm looking to replace this with a nice Lakland (with JJ configuration) or Fender Jazz with a maple fingerboard just to give me a bit more variety, trades welcome or £700 plus delivery. Comes with a new hardcase.

Edited by martfitz

A lot of bass for the money - i had one in stock about 2 years ago, finally decided to buy it, had a day off and it was sold...i miss that bass.

Somebody is going to get a bargain on this.

I'm too skint and currently on a selling spree. Best of luck with the sale; i doubt you'll need it.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='885826' date='Jul 4 2010, 09:19 PM']They are just great basses. The EQ and sounds available are phenomenal.[/quote]

I'm pretty lucky as I have the 5 string version too, which I play more than this one, so I'll still have all of those sounds on tap, seems a bit silly to have two virtually the same, so fancy something different as well.

Guest applemacintosh

I just had my white BB2005 on ebay - no sale and only four watchers...

Hope you have better luck!

Mike

Cheers, I'm not going to let it go for peanuts as I don't really need the cash, just want something different as I have a BB2005 too.

I think half the problem is a lot people don't really know how good these basses are.

I did have a look at yours, it does look nice in wihte and it looks good with the black hardware.

As nice as these are, it's pretty unlikely that you'll sell it on ebay at your asking price. Your BIN is £50 more than a new one from GAK! I had no takers in an unused BB3000 at £600 off the cheapest UK price.

Probably best to keep it or trade it. It's a sad fact that people are more interested in the name on the headstock that the quality of the instrument.

[quote name='martfitz' post='885705' date='Jul 4 2010, 07:19 PM']Up for sale is my Yamaha BB2004, it's a lovely bass, but I play my old TRB4 and BB2005 more these days, so I'm looking to replace this with a nice Lakland (with JJ configuration) or Fender Jazz with a maple fingerboard just to give me a bit more variety, trades welcome or £700 plus delivery. Comes with a new hardcase.

[/quote]

well if was yellow natural satin .......

[quote name='BB2000' post='890055' date='Jul 9 2010, 02:22 AM']As nice as these are, it's pretty unlikely that you'll sell it on ebay at your asking price. Your BIN is £50 more than a new one from GAK! I had no takers in an unused BB3000 at £600 off the cheapest UK price.

Probably best to keep it or trade it. It's a sad fact that people are more interested in the name on the headstock that the quality of the instrument.[/quote]

You can't buy these basses new anymore, sites like GAK and others keep old stuff on there which is really annoying, especially when they've not had one for years, when I was looking for one originally they were very quick to try to sell me an alternative though.

I've dropped the price on Ebay to make it a bit more realistic, but as I'm not in a hurry to get rid I won't be selling it for peanuts, I'd rather keep it.

I can't believe no-one would snap up a BB3000 at that price, you're right a lot of people will only go for a certain brand not realising there are some real quality instruments out there that they're not aware of.

Edited by martfitz

Guest applemacintosh

[quote name='martfitz' post='889814' date='Jul 8 2010, 08:09 PM']Cheers, I'm not going to let it go for peanuts as I don't really need the cash, just want something different as I have a BB2005 too.

I think half the problem is a lot people don't really know how good these basses are.

I did have a look at yours, it does look nice in wihte and it looks good with the black hardware.[/quote]

Glad to see you don't have to sell it - I was in the unfortunate position of a potential forced sale. Thankfully that phase seems to have cleared, so I have kept hold of it. Now I just need to find some cash to buy an amp to play it through after having to sell my Ashdown combo... I'd love a Yamaha BBT500-110 but chances of finding one when I have the readies to hand...

Oh well

[quote name='applemacintosh' post='890367' date='Jul 9 2010, 01:22 PM']Glad to see you don't have to sell it - I was in the unfortunate position of a potential forced sale. Thankfully that phase seems to have cleared, so I have kept hold of it. Now I just need to find some cash to buy an amp to play it through after having to sell my Ashdown combo... I'd love a Yamaha BBT500-110 but chances of finding one when I have the readies to hand...

Oh well[/quote]

I know what you mean, I had to sell my gear in the past, took me a long time to build it back up to a decent standard, hopefully I won't have to again, but you never know in these uncertain times, let's hope not.

It's usually the way that when you have the money to buy what you want then you can't find it, then when you do find it you no longer have the cash.

[quote name='martfitz' post='890111' date='Jul 9 2010, 08:47 AM']You can't buy these basses new anymore, sites like GAK and others keep old stuff on there which is really annoying, especially when they've not had one for years, when I was looking for one originally they were very quick to try to sell me an alternative though.

I've dropped the price on Ebay to make it a bit more realistic, but as I'm not in a hurry to get rid I won't be selling it for peanuts, I'd rather keep it.

I can't believe no-one would snap up a BB3000 at that price, you're right a lot of people will only go for a certain brand not realising there are some real quality instruments out there that they're not aware of.[/quote]

Yep they stopped making these a couple of years ago at least, i toyed with getting a BB2004 in YNS i didnt i regret........... boutique bass for plank money. There new range of stuff is just no where near as good as these. Perhaps they wernt making any margin thats why they chopped em

I never realized they dropped these from their range. There is definitely NOS to be had, I saw new BB2004's for sale in Europe back in May. A quick search shows that music store professional in Germany seem to have some BB2004's in black or white - maybe worth contacting them to see if they have a natural finish.

Some of the new stuff is of exceptional quality - the BB2024 range is as nice any anything they have done (although I think they made a mistake in not making the P pickup a reverse configuration). The BB3000 ones are just like they were in the 80's.

[quote name='BB2000' post='890428' date='Jul 9 2010, 02:13 PM']I never realized they dropped these from their range. There is definitely NOS to be had, I saw new BB2004's for sale in Europe back in May. A quick search shows that music store professional in Germany seem to have some BB2004's in black or white - maybe worth contacting them to see if they have a natural finish.

Some of the new stuff is of exceptional quality - the BB2024 range is as nice any anything they have done (although I think they made a mistake in not making the P pickup a reverse configuration). The BB3000 ones are just like they were in the 80's.[/quote]

Yep but this bass in YNS is something special the wood, the finish the neck stripes and the shape of it, very lithe, it is not just a well manufactured high quality bass its got serious mojo!. I was in denmark street in london tried one didnt buy it though, I have an aversion to buying from the particular shop it was in! Sharks! but now i wish I had. If you see one let me know!

[quote name='BB2000' post='890428' date='Jul 9 2010, 02:13 PM']I never realized they dropped these from their range. There is definitely NOS to be had, I saw new BB2004's for sale in Europe back in May. A quick search shows that music store professional in Germany seem to have some BB2004's in black or white - maybe worth contacting them to see if they have a natural finish.

Some of the new stuff is of exceptional quality - the BB2024 range is as nice any anything they have done (although I think they made a mistake in not making the P pickup a reverse configuration). The BB3000 ones are just like they were in the 80's.[/quote]

It's funny that you can still find them in other countries, saying that when I got my BB2005, it had been sat at the back of a storeroom at Yamaha apparently gathering dust.

The 2024's are nice, you don't see too many these days with the P pickip that way round, they also don't too much in the way of two J type pickups now, other than on the BBNE2 and BB2005, that's why I liked your BB1500A.