Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis NC115 combo now under new management

This combo is in really excellent condition, having gigged only a handful of times. The only wear is a slight collection of dog hairs on the carpet finish! Where's me Dyson gone? :)
I'm looking at [s]£400[/s] £350 including the cost of postage via courier if you are not picking up yourself, and I'll consider offers.

Who this combo would suit: Anyone looking for a genuinely luggable (42lbs in weight) combo that would suit small clubs and pubs. The fundamental bass frequencies it can cope with go low - I've used an octave divider with this combo and it coped manfully.

Who it isn't for: Loud bands with a loud drummer! With an extension cab* you'd be fine, but not on it's own. Just being honest here guys. :rolleyes:

The Eden tone is there, the amp section providing a wealth of tone shaping, including the Eden 'Enhance' control. It really works. On-board switchable compression, with bass middle and treble controls plus a switchable semi-parametric capable of sweeping from 40 to 10kHz. It is capable of competing with a non metal/hard rock drummer, and can do everything from soft and rounded to aggressively middy and cutting.

The amp section is rated at 250 Watts into 4 ohms, and drives a 15" bass driver and a separate treble driver.

Other features:
[list]
[*]Balanced XLR desk feed output with level pot and ground lift.
[*]Send/return loop
[*]Headphone jack with speaker on/off switch
[*]Switchable gain pad on the input
[*]External speaker jack*
[*]Dimensions: 62.5 cm width x 45cm height x 41.5cm depth
[/list]

* The internal speaker is rated at 8 ohms, so on its own you don't get the full rated output of the amp. The external speaker jack is also wired for series, not parallel, but any competent person in charge of a soldering iron can rewire for parallel use. I was going to do this before I realised I could afford a much more substantial upgrade to my gear, rather than just buying an extension cab. Rewire to parallel, partner with a 2 x 10 external and you can cover any gig, leaving the 2 x 10 at home when not needed.

Edits: Added Eden publicity photo - the combo looks essentially like this with very minor cosmetic differences, and also added dimensions.

[attachment=53502:Combo4.jpg]
[attachment=53441:Combo1.jpg]
[attachment=53442:Combo2.jpg]
[attachment=53443:Combo3.jpg]

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

BUMP... as in Bring Up My Post. Serves me right for eating it.

OK, courier delivery within the UK now included.
Will consider offers.
Will consider exchange for a decent fretless.
Will dance backwards on one leg and yelp assertively in a faux Swedish accent if that helps. I know it helps me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='922302' date='Aug 12 2010, 08:32 AM']Things that go BUMP in the [s]night[/s] morning.[/quote]

Hi,
How noisy is the fan - at practice volumes, sitting working out scales or whatever, is there a "pc-like" woosh all the time?

Or does it go bump? :)

[quote name='fdavidso' post='922354' date='Aug 12 2010, 09:30 AM']Hi,
How noisy is the fan - at practice volumes, sitting working out scales or whatever, is there a "pc-like" woosh all the time?

Or does it go bump? :)[/quote]
Good question - I've only ever noticed the fan a handful of times - when I've been really pushing the combo at a particularly loud gig or rehearsal, and felt the air being pushed out at the back when I've come to switch the combo off. So no fan noise at all for practice volumes. There is some acoustic hum from the internal amp transformer, but you'd have to be playing quietly for this to be a distraction. The hum doesn't come through the speaker or headphone output.