Why become a member? ×

Gig Bottom and crossed fingers

OldGit

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='883245' date='Jul 1 2010, 06:06 PM']Wear sunglasses, that way you can close your eyes while singing and not look like too much of a plum. :rolleyes:[/quote]

ha ha nah. I have to make eye contact with the other players, whomever they may be, to give them clues about how the arrangement may go, and read the word clues from my floor mounted crib sheets (cant afford a lyric monitor like Springsteen has)

Anyway I'm happy looking audience member directly in the eye :)

[quote name='johnny_frog' post='883256' date='Jul 1 2010, 06:21 PM']good luck mate...

maybe avoid light tan coloured trousers in your ensemble :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm celebrating Paul H's success in his droid carer by wearing one of his fine BassBot teeshirts (and brown trousers :))

Well I distracted myself and my equally nervous guitar playing friend with banter and small talk whilst the house band warmed up with a slow blues or too and then we went for it.
It was fine, we borrowed one of the more experienced guitarists and the House drummer (bad leg, acerbic wit, fake US accent) ...
and we stormed it :)

Our Texas shuffle stomp version of Kiss had everyone seat dancing and singing along and my original was very well received too..
All in all well pleased and boy do I want to sing lead again, I'm even tempted to draft in a bass player next time :rolleyes: the power, the [i]power![/i]

Nurse! OG's caught LSD!!