Why become a member? ×

Warwick Straplocks

fergy1971

Having just bought a Corvette $$, I have a question about the straplocks they provide. It seems that the slightest touch on the end releases the bass from the strap. Am I doing something wrong or should it really be that precarious? It seems only a matter of time before it crashes to the ground mid-gig!! :)

[quote name='fergy1971' post='882991' date='Jul 1 2010, 02:09 PM']Having just bought a Corvette $$, I have a question about the straplocks they provide. It seems that the slightest touch on the end releases the bass from the strap. Am I doing something wrong or should it really be that precarious? It seems only a matter of time before it crashes to the ground mid-gig!! :)[/quote]

Which straplocks are they? Warwick do recessed and external 'pin' type but neither should be coming loose easily... I've had Warwick basses 20+ years and even when I jumped about like a loon (a long time ago), they never came undone!

Do you have or do you know anyone with a spare strapfitting that you could try so that you can establish if it is that part that is defective?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='883006' date='Jul 1 2010, 02:27 PM']Which straplocks are they? Warwick do recessed and external 'pin' type but neither should be coming loose easily... I've had Warwick basses 20+ years and even when I jumped about like a loon (a long time ago), they never came undone!

Do you have or do you know anyone with a spare strapfitting that you could try so that you can establish if it is that part that is defective?[/quote]

It's the external pin type. It seems to come loose with even the lightest touch!! You not having that issue?

[quote name='fergy1971' post='883013' date='Jul 1 2010, 02:35 PM']It's the external pin type. It seems to come loose with even the lightest touch!! You not having that issue?[/quote]

So there is a pin on the bass and on the strap it has a cup/ring that goes around the pin with a centre button that you pull?

I've had no issues with any of my basses regardless of type... other than the nut slowly unscrewing over time (years), which means that every now and again I just give them a nip/tighten with a spanner/pliers. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='883022' date='Jul 1 2010, 02:40 PM']So there is a pin on the bass and on the strap it has a cup/ring that goes around the pin with a centre button that you pull?

I've had no issues with any of my basses regardless of type... other than the nut slowly unscrewing over time (years), which means that every now and again I just give them a nip/tighten with a spanner/pliers. :)[/quote]

OK - cheers for that!

[quote name='XB26354' post='883188' date='Jul 1 2010, 04:56 PM']That's happened to me more than a few times. I put it down to a flaw in the design and replaced them with oversized normal buttons.[/quote]
No flaw in the design as far as I know, they've never let me down once.

Mine've never let me down either. When putting the strap in, sounds silly but make sure you push the button in whilst doing so. I realised that when I did that there's two clicks, not one and they never come loose.