Why become a member? ×

How much is this worth

Bucket Head

I was looking on the Status website and couldn't find anything that looked like yours. Though on the pricelist the basses range from about 1500 pounds to 3000 pounds.

[url="http://www.status-graphite.com/"]http://www.status-graphite.com/[/url]

Yes, it's an Energy 6-string (pre Series 1) and worth around £3-400 is close to the mark - That is if you put the pots back on. No one's going to buy it without any controls :)

Colledge, back when Status were a little larger (involved with Trace Elliott at the time), they produced a cheaper range of wooden necked models like the Shark, Energy, Groove, Eclipse, etc. (As well as the Trace T-Bass.) When Rob separated the company & went solo, the remainder of the cheaper bodies were fitted with graphite necks. That's why some of the Energys became Series 1's & there are a couple of Grooves with graphite necks, made from left over bodies. There are a few interesting parts basses around, like the Shark Proactive Rob made for his son/daughter. That one's been for sale on here a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='882707' date='Jul 1 2010, 08:55 AM']Yes, it's an Energy 6-string (pre Series 1) and worth around £3-400 is close to the mark - That is if you put the pots back on. No one's going to buy it without any controls :)

Colledge, back when Status were a little larger (involved with Trace Elliott at the time), they produced a cheaper range of wooden necked models like the Shark, Energy, Groove, Eclipse, etc. (As well as the Trace T-Bass.) When Rob separated the company & went solo, the remainder of the cheaper bodies were fitted with graphite necks. That's why some of the Energys became Series 1's & there are a couple of Grooves with graphite necks, made from left over bodies. There are a few interesting parts basses around, like the Shark Proactive Rob made for his son/daughter. That one's been for sale on here a couple of times. :rolleyes:[/quote]

thanks for all the infooooo, it says grapite on the headstock thats the reason why i thought it was a grapite. i havnt taken the pots off just the covers, however i think i may have lost them unforuntaely do u know if theres anywhere to get replacements? so overall u recon about 3-4 hundred? thats cool

Thanks for the info and stuff guys much appreciated

[quote name='Bucket Head' post='882755' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:00 AM']thanks for all the infooooo, it says grapite on the headstock thats the reason why i thought it was a grapite. i havnt taken the pots off just the covers, however i think i may have lost them unforuntaely do u know if theres anywhere to get replacements? so overall u recon about 3-4 hundred? thats cool

Thanks for the info and stuff guys much appreciated[/quote]

I'd have said maybe £400 to £500 as it's a six string although it may take a bit longer to sell for the same reason. Although there have been a few other Status basses that have sold very cheaply on eBay recently...

Status carry quite a lot of spares for most of the basses they've ever made, although there are probably cheaper options on the web. Going for genuine parts probably won't affect the value, but you've got a better chance that they'll fit.

Edited by Fat Rich