Why become a member? ×

Anyone enjoy Muse at Glastonbury?

TomNicoBassman

[quote name='AndyTheBassBison' post='882305' date='Jun 30 2010, 07:23 PM']Does anyone know why they fell out with Eavis and were only just allowed back?[/quote]

It has something to do with CND, which Glastonbury was heavily involved in, or vice versa, in the 70's-I believe JJ reckoned CND was funded by the Russians, and I've seen interviews where he claims to have been proved right-I don't know how true that is. As to how they got in-it has been said that as the Stranglers and the Wurzels share the same management, and the Wurzels are having something of a renaissance at the moment, Eavis wanted the Wurzels but was told he could only have them if he had the Stranglers too. Again not sure how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me..

[quote name='silddx' post='879566' date='Jun 28 2010, 09:33 AM']I thought I was a cracking set. It did what it was supposed to do. Top class professionals at the top of their game. Extremely entertaining.[/quote]

+1. Can take or leave 'em on record (1 or 2 great songs mind) but think they look like a tremendous live act.

[quote name='AndyTheBassBison' post='882305' date='Jun 30 2010, 07:23 PM']Ah so that's why the bass sound was like being punched in the face in a good way! My ashdown rig needs another cab (I need money first though...)! Does anyone know why they fell out with Eavis and were only just allowed back?[/quote]

You'll be needing a Shuker JJB P bass too then :) That's a fabulous punch in the face bass...

[quote name='OldGit' post='884358' date='Jul 2 2010, 09:20 PM']You'll be needing a Shuker JJB P bass too then :)[/quote]
I got to play one of those briefly when I picked up my Shuker a few years ago. They happened to be in for a re-fret. Forget steel frets, JJ needs titanium ones; the fret wear was something else.

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='882318' date='Jun 30 2010, 07:36 PM']It has something to do with CND, which Glastonbury was heavily involved in, or vice versa, in the 70's-I believe JJ reckoned CND was funded by the Russians, and I've seen interviews where he claims to have been proved right-I don't know how true that is. As to how they got in-it has been said that as the Stranglers and the Wurzels share the same management, and the Wurzels are having something of a renaissance at the moment, Eavis wanted the Wurzels but was told he could only have them if he had the Stranglers too. Again not sure how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me..[/quote]

Interesting! Thanks for that. The Wurzels were a fine addition to the lineup and the Avalon Tent was massively overflowing with people - So I understand why Eavis would put up with having The Stranglers on his lineup to have The Wurzels too!