Why become a member? ×

Vintage V1004DX

Machines

• 5 months later...

Excellent review mate. Do you have any news on whether you'll be able to review anymore Vintage gear? I've had Vintage guitars and even the fretted version of the fretless you had (I still have mine), and I've always been pleasantly surprised. I do hope they bring a 5 string out, I may get in a load of extra hours at work just to go towards it!

There is a 5 string VX1005DX [url="http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintagebass.html"]http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintagebass.html[/url]

I am currently reviewing a Fret-King Esprit which isn't a Vintage, but is designed by Trevor Wilkinson and distributed by JHS still. So basically yes - I should be able to get Vintage gear in.

• 7 months later...

Great Review and great photos. I've got a vintage V940 I bought of another bass chatter and I love it. It's infinitly better than the cheap fender copy I first bought. The guy that teaches me bass makes bass guitars and has played it. He can get much better sounds out of it than me and he thinks I've got a bargain. I'm now thinking about another bass and this looks more of a bargain than somehting like a rockbass corvette which is the other I quite like.

[quote name='Peter Train' post='425572' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:06 PM']Great Review and great photos. I've got a vintage V940 I bought of another bass chatter and I love it. It's infinitly better than the cheap fender copy I first bought. The guy that teaches me bass makes bass guitars and has played it. He can get much better sounds out of it than me and he thinks I've got a bargain. I'm now thinking about another bass and this looks more of a bargain than somehting like a rockbass corvette which is the other I quite like.[/quote]

Glad you're enjoying the bass mate! Just had another look at the V1004DX and I'm sorely tempted. Expect to see a Spector Legend 5 up for sale tomorrow morning!

[quote name='karlbbb' post='426496' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:32 PM']Absolutely! I'm even selling my Spector for one![/quote]

I have just bought an amp and a cab, so I doubt I would be allowed to buy this bass, well, it is christmas :)

My first bass was a Vintage V4 and it was a good bass.

Edited by Clockworkwar

[quote name='karlbbb' post='425659' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:12 AM']Glad you're enjoying the bass mate! Just had another look at the V1004DX and I'm sorely tempted. Expect to see a Spector Legend 5 up for sale tomorrow morning![/quote]

Cheers

i am enjoying it. I also had a look at yur band's music on the web. They sound good.

• 1 year later...