Why become a member? ×

Lakland BG for Fender P 2008 onwards

krispn

Hey folks

I've been smitten by the new Fenders!

Been trying out the new American Standards while one the look out for a second P Bass that I was gonna trick out with a P retro. Initially I was after a Squire or MIM but having tried the new USA's the neck feels great and I think I prefer it over my Lakland which is a fantastic bass both in terms of build quality and sound quality. I've grew up playing Fenders and these new American's feel about as comfortable to me as any I've tried before. I'd choose this over any other neck I've tried recently - just works for me!

My BG is fitted with the Lakland/Hanson vintage pick up which, lets not forget, is a hand wound, custom pick up not some bog standard affair here. I've used it to record and out live and it has a great sound and very responsive. Sounds old and dark with flats and modern and bright with rounds but it is a p bass right :rolleyes: The Bob is still in excellent condition and has few, if any marks. Its a sunburst with tort plate and looks like the Fender 62 RI or the Jamerson bass. I can mail pics so just PM if interested.

I would sell the bass but would need to see what the going rate is - I'd guess about £650. As these are the same new as the Fenders I'd say a straight swap would be my idea of a fair deal. My big plan is still to fit the P retro to the new bass opening up the tonal range which is handy as I am only able to bring one bass to gigs these days :)

Ideally I'm after an Oly White Fender with rosewood 'board and a tort scratch plate. Its the new Am Std from 2008 onwards with the new neck, HMV bridge, improved case etc

I'd also swap for a sunburst/rosewod but not any other basses at the mo - I've had Jazzes before but prefer the P profile and I've also had an old '78 P which sounded great but was a monster for my wee hands.

Please don't offer any cash and trades for other models as I will choose not to reply on this occasion. Harsh but there you go:)

Thanks for reading.

G

Edited by krispn

Thank you :) I have no real reason to sell/ trade this other than Fender gas. If it stays Im still on a win win situation.

I should mention the bass had a pro set up and is currently set up to Fender Custom Shop spec's!

if that had a maple board i would take it off you in a flash, got one in black been my main gigging bass for 2 years now seriously great basses in every way. have a bump on me mate and good luck with the trade

cheers steve