Why become a member? ×

First Gig For Ages

Mykesbass

I'm sure most of you know what it is like - work for ages on one thing then someone leaves or the whole band implodes. Well that's been the score for me for at least 18 months since the covers band I was in went all wobbly!

Got a stand in pub gig tomorrow night, little place, miles away, terrible money, won't even know what the set is until we all get there, but I'm soooooo happy. Time to try out the funky little Alucab I swapped with Thornybank ages ago in anticipation of the gigs happening a little sooner! Might stick a pick in my pocket in case the fingers aren't as tough as they used to be!

Congrats MB, we have our first gig after a new bassist (me) and a new drummer were recruited (after the others are leaving for Uni) tomorrow night - 2nd on the bill, local venue, well publicised. I cant wait!

Hope it goes well! Oh and play till you bleed - then play some more. Never give the up the fingers :)

[i]--edited for spelling[/i]

Edited by shosgood

[quote name='shosgood' post='870505' date='Jun 18 2010, 09:18 AM']Congrats MB, we have our first gig after a new bassist (me) and a new drummer we recruited after the others are leaving for Uni tomorrow night - 2nd on the bill, local venue, well publicised. I cant wait!

Hope it goes well! Oh and play till you bleed - then play some more. Never give the up the fingers :)[/quote]

+1 on this. a wee while back, i was washing my 11month old sons hair and used cradlecap shampoo to get rid of is dryskin,,,,,,,,,,,,bad mistake as this also took off all my callouses on all fingers ahahahahaha.

This was on the thursday night and my gig was Saturday night. needless to say after playing for 2 hours I had 3 blood blisters and a few little blisters that were just excruciating whilst playing.

So stuff the pain,,,,,,,,get those fingers plucking baby

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='870492' date='Jun 18 2010, 08:50 AM']I'm sure most of you know what it is like - work for ages on one thing then someone leaves or the whole band implodes. Well that's been the score for me for at least 18 months since the covers band I was in went all wobbly![/quote]

I know what that's like - me and the singer in our band lost a bass player (I played the Devil's instrument at the time)
and started to look for another. Gave up and got back together 26 years later, him still singing and me now on a
much more respectable instrument. :)

Hope you have a great time, it's what playing is all about.
Go and [i]give it to 'em[/i] :rolleyes:

Wow, that was so good! Decent little music pub in a village just outside Guildford, great bunch of players, just basically winged a whole load of rock & roll and blues - audience loved us, some amazing comments, and we've been booked again for better money!