Why become a member? ×

FENDER 1967 CORONADO II - NOW TRADES TOO

Hiperi0n

VERY VERY RARE!!! Fender Coronado II 1967, all original....stunning bass!!! not more to add.....great look great sound!!!
1550£

from now i consider also trades, preferred vintage fenders, music man, gibsons, also partial trades considered

[url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqMar"][/url]

[url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Tsn2NsJ"][/url]

[url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqTES"][/url]

Edited by Hiperi0n

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='869763' date='Jun 17 2010, 11:16 AM']VERY VERY RARE!!! Fender Coronado II 1967, all original....stunning bass!!! not more to add.....great look great sound!!!
1550£[/quote]

Hi Hiperi0n,

I've never seen one of these before - she's beautiful, well I think so.

For the less well informed ([b]me[/b]) can you give a bit more info on the history behind the bass? Were many made? Was this the only colour scheme available? Who used them? Is this the only semi acoustic bass that Fender ever made? Who were they aimed at; Jazz Bassists? Were they popular back in the day? Etc etc…..

It’s just so unusual to see something like this on the site instead of all the solid body J’s and P’s.

I can’t afford it but I’d love to know a bit more about it. Oh, and good luck with the sale, I’m sure one or two collectors have an eye on it.

Oggy :)

Gladly i try to answer to your curiosities :)

So for what i know this bass was introduced in the late 60's , i think yes it's the only semiacustic bass of fender and it was made to follow the trend of semiacustic gibsons that i guess had quite good success at the time.
it is a bolt on semiacustic...exist 2 versions the Coronado I with one pickup (cheaper) and the Coronado II ( versions with 2 pickups).

The colours available during the years was sunburst (as the one im selling) , red , and antigua. Plus there was a special edition called "wildwood" with the top made of rough wood wich where added some colours (guess you can find some samples on google) very nice but very rare and crazy expensive nowadays.

I dont know exactly when the bass was discontinued but i think the first years of 70's, not sure anyway.

The bass is very very light...shortscale...and very good sounding...the look i think is unbeatable and if you search some kind of sounds it can suits perfectly.

Hope it helps....if you have other questions....i'm here :rolleyes: cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='869763' date='Jun 17 2010, 11:16 AM']VERY VERY RARE!!! Fender Coronado II 1967, all original....stunning bass!!! not more to add.....great look great sound!!!
1550£[/quote]

Hi HiperiOn,

Very Rare Indeed, yes - I'm still lusting :brow: .

The only other one I could find for sale is on evelbay :) at over £3K, have a look:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-1968-WILDWOOD-BASS-CORONADO-II-USA-VINTAGE-/140455887422?pt=Guitar&hash=item20b3d2c23e"]'1968 Wildwood Coronado'[/url]

If my kids were still at home I'd be raiding their piggy banks to buy your one :lol: .

Oggy :rolleyes:

These are nice basses and they used to be incredibly cheap - $500 each 2 years ago. In the States and for collectors these aren't particularly desirable, but they are nice guitars.

I've had a number of them, particularly the electric guitar and electric 12 string versions.

Good luck with the sale. It would originally have had a case as standard, which is a shame. I'd get a flight case for it as they are pretty flimsy as guitars go. the bolt on neck is a nice feature however - no problems with warping etc. I had one that was awful!

Free bump etc. too!

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='967060' date='Sep 24 2010, 07:31 PM']thanx Oggy for the nice words :lol:

this bass is waiting for the right person....soooo bump![/quote]

Hi HiperiOn,

I'm the right person, I've just got the wrong bank account :) - working on it though.

Oggy :)

Still lusting :brow:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...