Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Special Fretless Japan

heffsett

Hello

For sale,
Fender Jazz Bass Special Fretless, made in Japan
A fretless version of the one played by Duff McKagan (Guns and Roses)
from 1986

Pickups P/J
vol, vol, tone
passive
neck and head black, like a piano

pics here :
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/40038326@N04/"]Pics for the Fender JB Fretless Japan[/url]

£500

Its quite possible the Tone Pot is a TBX pot which adds bass and treble simoultaneously. Should be able to work this out by it having a centre detent point where it clicks as you turn.

Good luck with the sale, these are amazing basses. I would of had it if it had frets!

[quote name='heffsett' post='869012' date='Jun 16 2010, 01:49 PM']Hello

For sale,
Fender Jazz Bass Special Fretless, made in Japan
A fretless version of the one played by Duff McKagan (Guns and Roses)
from 1986

Pickups P/J
vol, vol, tone
passive
neck and head black, like a piano

pics here :
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/40038326@N04/"]Pics for the Fender JB Fretless Japan[/url]

£500[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='876206' date='Jun 24 2010, 10:30 AM']Its quite possible the Tone Pot is a TBX pot which adds bass and treble simoultaneously. Should be able to work this out by it having a centre detent point where it clicks as you turn.

Good luck with the sale, these are amazing basses. I would of had it if it had frets![/quote]

If it's of the same "special" gene as mine it would have that TBX, put just to correct you so others arnt mid lead, as it's passive it only cuts treble and bass frequencies. As in Treble Bass X(cut) although the annoyance in my opinion is that it only cuts one or the other. And as it's usually a 500k it has a lot of treble anyway.