Why become a member? ×

Vadim Bass 5 String

highs&lows

Hey Everybody, now this is quite a rare bass, so I thought I would also post it here on Basschat. It is a handmade bass built by Vadim Rubtsov. ( www.globalbass.com/archives/dec2000/vadim.htm ) Its a great playing and sounding bass and in great condition. No scratches and dings whatsoever. It has recently gotton a professional set up as well. It has a Padauk Body core with Figured Maple top and back. The Neck is made of Padauk and Wenge, Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony. It is a 35 inch scale neck. The electronics are Custom Illitch, and they are: Vol, Pan, Bass, Treble, Low Mids and High Mids. Case is included. A new bass like this from Vadim would cost 4400 Dollars and onwards. I am asking 2700 Euros. Please dont hesitate to pm or email me if you have any questions or want more pics: [email protected].

Edited by highs&lows

[quote name='highs&lows' post='866183' date='Jun 13 2010, 07:18 PM']Hi Kermit, I want Vadim to build me a 6er so I am selling this 5er.[/quote]

i am sure this bass is in the league of smith fodera f bass etc

by the way i think you should tell more for this bass because is not famus

so whats the nut width the bridge spacing the neck is chunky or not :)

Hey Guys,

I didnt want to tell too much as I dont like when people write pages of how great an instrument is that they are trying to sell..

but since you asked :-)

I really like the neck. It is fast, and not thick at all, but due to the high quality hardwoods used, it is the most stable neck I ever had. The String spacing is 18.5mm.
Whats also really comfortable is the curved top/body of the bass. It hangs in perfect playing position, and also its really comfortable on the right hand.
I think these basses have a lot of similarities with the pre-gibson Tobias basses. Sound and feel wise.

Check out Orin Isaacs, he has a couple of Vadim's Basses:

www.mocamusic.com/orinisaacs/bass/bass.html

www.myspace.com/orinisaacs

All in all I just love the Passion and Soul Vadim puts into his Basses. I think thats what is so unique about them. You dont find this a lot these days.

Edited by highs&lows

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='866240' date='Jun 13 2010, 06:30 PM']i am sure this bass is in the league of smith fodera f bass etc

by the way i think you should tell more for this bass because is not famus

so whats the nut width the bridge spacing the neck is chunky or not :)[/quote]

That's stunning,I played one with a snakewood(!) fingerboard once...one of the best instruments i've ever tried and amazing craftsmanship,good luck with the sale.