Why become a member? ×

USB port suited for bass?

basswarrior66

I am hoping to do some recording straight to PC using the Audacity software.
This is just an experiment at the moment so i dont want to be spending too much money initially.
I need a USB port/cable which will work with bass.
I have seen the AxePort Pro which looks ideal but i think i should experiment with something less expensive first, just in case i do not get to grips with PC recording.
Behringer have a product called UCG102, but i am not convinced this is for bass as all the spec seems to be related to guitar amp software plug ins. Alesis make a USB cable but again not sure of its compatibility with bass.
Does anyone know of any other reasonable priced products suitable for bass?

Edited by basswarrior66

The Behringer UCG102 is essentially a USB audio interface, and should work perfectly well with bass.

But if you're worried about it you could try [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/Studio/Processing/Audio-MIDI-Interfaces/13983-/Alesis-GuitarLink-USB-Guitar-Bass-Audio-Interface-Cable"]this[/url].

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but I think you'll have latency issues using a USB device with Audacity on a PC, as PC's don't support hardware playthrough. Or something. I am willing to be corrected though, as I will then be able to use my Alesis lead for something other than blind recording.