Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender Japan '57 RI P bass + Squier Vintage Moddified Fretless

brick

thinking about shifting these to raise some cash for new gear, wish I could keep a hold of them as they are rather nice to play, but they are not really getting used that much outside of the house and could really do with upgrading my amp for something louder

Bought the Fender off of here from LukeFRC early 2009. its a Fender CIJ '57ri P bass which one of the nicest maple necks I've ever played on and has a rather funky gold anodized pick guard, has a really nice cool old school vibe about it but isn’t really getting used at the mo cause of its lack of low B. It does have a couple of dings and some buckle rash on the back but nothing to serious. Would be looking for £350 + P&P for it

The Squire was bought from Kenny’s Music in Dundee last September, think most people are aware how good these are considering how much they cost and tbh I prefer the Vintage Mod range to any of the Fender Mexs I’ve played. The body of the bass is in good condition, but the fretboard has been marked because i'm a twat and slapped it when I first got it, marks are over the E and A string area below the 5th fret (have included a pic of this). Looking for £100 + P&P

Would prefer to sell these but might be interested in trades regarding small powerful combos or powerful heads

cheers for reading

Ross

Edited by brick

wow!

If i wasn't saving up for a masters I would have that jap fender back off you in a flash. It's a beaut and I have lots of great memories.
I can vouch for an amazing neck.
It's a '57 RI with the US pups, the original owner in japan upgraded the jack and pots to USA branded ones (switchcraft and CTS if i remember) and it has an orange drop cap in it. It has a nice nice modern P-bass tone. I used to love the fact it sounded brilliant direct into a sounddesk for recording.
The pickguard is a fender one gold anodised aluminium one i got a flatmate to bring back from his US home. I got it fitted at guitarguitar and i think they had to drill one extra hole. Not that it matters as it's hidden under the guard!

Brick is a cool guy to deal with too, and its at a very good price i think. The guy at MIJfender website would charge £750 for a new version of this!

I'll attach an old pic of the bass when I had it, if anyone wants, and Ross doesn't mind ive probably got a few recordings I made with it too i can email if folk want.

I kinda want it back even though I have a similar looking JV squier now!!

hey dude cheers for the extra info. was gonna stick covers but then realized how unpractical an idea it was with regards to how my right hand plays but ended up just sticking the screws in so the holes werent exposed. how u liking the your squier?

It's amazing. Very different, much more vintage sounding. That said sometimes I miss the slightly more modern sound of your one. It sounds awesome in the live mix. Honestly if I had the money....

Heres a wee audio clip. It's not at the front of the mix and it wasn't mastered. Its straight through on DI, there may be an amp model added and some Eq but we were finding it sounded better without any softwear modeling.

[size=1]Just a wee note- i left this band, they still play live and play this song (or a version of it) which I helped write so im not sure who 'owns' the song and this version of it...but enjoy the wee mp3... if you go to thier website [url="http://www.futuristicretrochampions.com/"]http://www.futuristicretrochampions.com/[/url] they let you download a recent recording (in a studio not a bed room) of the same song....[/size]

anyway all that managed to bump it didnt it?

[quote name='spaz91' post='868027' date='Jun 15 2010, 02:19 PM']Would you be interested in an Ibanez ATK300 for the Fender?[/quote]

not really after any bass trades just stuff regarding amps, cheers anyhoo

• 3 weeks later...