Why become a member? ×

What's the overall view of the GB Shuttle Combos?

Musicman20

Hi all

This is advice I want to redirect to a family friend who is after a decent powerful combo.

So far, the main combos he has checked out are the ones offered by Markbass.

He wants:

Quality tone
Lightweight
Small footprint
Aux In/Headphones

I am also quite interested in the views on the Shuttle combos. The Shuttle 9.0 was not what I was looking for, but thats purely as for a head on its own, it didn't offer me what I required at the time.

I look forward to your views :)

I realise GB combos are NOT cheap, so he wants to be careful on that front.

Thanks

I've got a 3.0-10T and am very happy with it. The head is great and has the tone, the weight (or lack of it), the small footprint, and the aux in and headphones out that you need. Mind you, the aux in is a mono 1/4" jack, so you'll probably want a splitter cable to get both stereo sides fed into the amp.

With just the 10" speaker you've got a featherweight, tiny combo, which is why I bought it. But the sound is not as bassy as I'd like at high volumes. It's rated at 175W, but I wouldn't use it at anything like full volume with just that speaker. I often plug it into a 12" speaker or a 15" and it's a fantastic sound. And with the 10" and a 15" (giving 300W), it's everything I could want. I should say my taste tends towards an old-school Motown type of sound rather than a hi-fi modern sound. I suspect the shuttle would suit a modern taste better.