Why become a member? ×

What case for 35" Bass?

NJE

Hello, hoping someone might have some experience with this.

I have not long aquired a Overwater J Series which has a 35" scale and am looking for a suitable hard case for it. I have a brand new Hiscox but the bass is about 1-2 inches too long for the case and I was just wondering if SKB or any other 'off the shelf' cases would fit before I have to have something a bit more expensive made.

I know there are some really good gig bags available but I dont really trust them, although they will be considdered as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='NJE' post='859681' date='Jun 7 2010, 11:27 AM']Hello, hoping someone might have some experience with this.

I have not long aquired a Overwater J Series which has a 35" scale and am looking for a suitable hard case for it. I have a brand new Hiscox but the bass is about 1-2 inches too long for the case and I was just wondering if SKB or any other 'off the shelf' cases would fit before I have to have something a bit more expensive made.

I know there are some really good gig bags available but I dont really trust them, although they will be considdered as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hi,

We used to use the standard 'Gator' bass case - though they have changed them a bit since then, so you'd need to check with supplier...

However we now supply all our 35" scale J basses with the bigger (pear shaped) 'EBP' Hiscox case - I can supply you one if you call myself or Laurence...

Regards,

Chris

Edited by overwater

[quote name='overwater' post='859847' date='Jun 7 2010, 01:36 PM']Hi,

We used to use the standard 'Gator' bass case - though they have changed them a bit since then, so you'd need to check with supplier...

However we now supply all our 35" scale J basses with the bigger (pear shaped) 'EBP' Hiscox case - I can supply you one if you call myself or Laurence...

Regards,

Chris[/quote]

Hi,

Wow thats fantastic, many thanks for the reply. I got the bass secondhand with a butchered Hiscox so glad to know there is something out there that will fit properly. As soon as I get paid I will be in touch and get an order placed.

Thanks again,

Nathan

[quote name='overwater' post='859847' date='Jun 7 2010, 01:36 PM']Hi,

Regards,

Chris[/quote]

MB1. :)
... Now thats what i call Service!
...Was gonna say Warwick as i once owned a JE ltd Edition Buzzard (Enormous case!) youd be better off with a Hiscox though!...I'll get me coat! :rolleyes: