Why become a member? ×

Stairway to Heaven solo for bass?

OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='94181' date='Nov 25 2007, 05:06 PM']Hi Does anyone have the guitar solo from stairway to heaven worked out in bass clef, dots or tab?
Thanks[/quote]

Bizarrely, I think I have , Iwrote it out for a trombonist a while back. PM me your email address and I'll find the PDF for you.

Cheers,
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='95169' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:35 PM']Bizarrely, I think I have , Iwrote it out for a trombonist a while back. PM me your email address and I'll find the PDF for you.

Cheers,
Alun[/quote]

The best version of that solo was an arrangement by Frank Zappa for a fat horn section. Was it on You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore? Anyway. Every little twist and turn of the original was faithfully replicated and it sounded great, made me appreciate the original as well!

[quote name='bremen' post='95173' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:41 PM']The best version of that solo was an arrangement by Frank Zappa for a fat horn section. Was it on You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore? Anyway. Every little twist and turn of the original was faithfully replicated and it sounded great, made me appreciate the original as well![/quote]

Yes I have that CD Love that version (and the rest of the album) Good ol' Frank

[quote name='MB1' post='95606' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:25 PM']MB1. :huh:

"The Best band youve never heard!" ......the Wembley gigs!......whats the secret word for tonight?.... your friends Dirk, Tom and Tommy![/quote]

'Tis a true classic
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p3Ue3ncH3g&feature=related"]YouTube Zappa Stairway[/url]
Hilarous Zappa chaotic arrangement and fab horn section dancing.. Watch the bass player's hair :)

Edited by OldGit