Why become a member? ×

Has anyone any idea how much this bass would really be worth?

Grand Wazoo

I have no experience with Spector basses but I see this on ebay remaining in the "affordable" range, what do you reckon it's really worth or what would be the limit you would bid on for it?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300432583607&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=tab%3DWatching[/url]

Thanks

Quite why he'd want to take out the tone pump, I'm not sure. I'd have valued this at up to £600 fully intact, but without the tone pump you've got some work to do to get it back up to correct spec. I'd not be inclined to go over £500 for that. Perhaps best to ask if the tone pump can be included.

£500 would be ok when they were priced £1000 now they cost £1500 so that may be on the short side, I reckon that the reserve will be around £750

Just read that the tone pump is out so I'd take about £200 of my price which places it around the same as the others. :)

Edited by davidmpires

From Bass Player magazine

[u][i]"Spector calls its EQ the TonePump circuit. With 20dB of boost, the TonePump is a more powerful version of the aggressive 2-band 9-volt EQ Spector has used on its U.S.-made neck-through basses since the late '70s. I tend to favor instruments with pickup blend controls and 3-band EQs, but I found that the Euro LX's TonePump with twin volume controls offered plenty of flexibility and was easy to get used to."[/i][/u]

Some people don't like them I love it.