Why become a member? ×

Pair of matching SWR Goliath II 4x10 bass cabs **SOLD**

peteb

Due to the arrival of some new gear, I am now selling my matching pair of SWR Goliath II 4x10 bass cabs. I believe that the RMS rating is 540w @ 8 ohm for each cab.

This model is the one used by Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam, Sting and many many others (including basschat’s very own jakebass, from whom I acquired one of these cabs). The Goliath 2 is reckoned to be the cab that established the 4x10 with a tweeter in a compact box that is now pretty much an industry standard. I’ve found these reviews on talkbass that are pretty useful: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=806"]http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=806[/url]

Please note that these cabs are in a very good working condition, but they have been extensively gigged and as such are not in perfect cosmetic condition - they still sound great and look pretty cool from the front of a stage, which of course is the main thing! I’ve gigged these cabs for many years and they have never let me down and still sound spot on.

I’ve priced them for a quick sale and think that this is a great opportunity for someone to get a pro quality 8x10 speaker system for only £320 (I would prefer to sell them as a pair). Pick up only from West Yorkshire only I’m afraid due to size, etc (please note that they will both fit into pretty much any car with a hatchback – go easily into my celica)

Pix to follow......

Edited by peteb

[quote name='eightball' post='853122' date='May 31 2010, 11:41 PM']bump for same setup as me - monster![/quote]

I'm running a pair of Goliath III's under my SM1500. This is simply awesome deal and a great price for a pair of II's, bargain of the century!