Why become a member? ×

morley wah/distortion/volume

rmshaw37

hi there, i have a morley pro 2 wah/volume/distortion pedal, i love the wah and the distortion sounds! but when i play live there is a problem.

i wear new rock boots, and those tiny little switches are too close to the expression pedal and does not allow for quick changes before i run off to do the entertaining bit, just wondered if theres a way to mod it so it kicks in the distortion at the same time as the wah, and possibly could it be modded to become switchless?

if its too much of a ball ache, could someone recommend a wah that is switchless, and flicks on the distortion at the same time - as i only ever use the wah with distortion!

cheers basschatters!

I'm a bit confused as to what the pedal is like now, but, if it's two footswitches turning on two things, and you just want one to do both switches at a time, that should be fairly easy.

If you look inside there might be lots of un-used contacts on the bottom of one of the footswitches, you could just take the wires from one of them, and solder to the other.

The other option would be to have the pedal always on as you like it, and have it in a bypass loop. Then you'd just switch the loop in and out with one footswitch.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='853269' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:03 AM']If you look inside there might be lots of un-used contacts on the bottom of one of the footswitches, you could just take the wires from one of them, and solder to the other.[/quote]

I think thats exactly what the guy in COC does with his. Isn't the Morley auto switching ans spring loaded, ie, step on, step off?