Why become a member? ×

Laney RB9 v Ashdown MAG 300

Pow_22

Im currently running my Burns Bison bass thru a MAG 300 into MAG 410 and MAG 115, i also use an ashdown compressor pedal. Whilst im fairly happy with the sound i do fancy tweaking a little bit. Plus the fact that since i added the 115 into the rig i do get a slight smell of 'metalic' burning coming from the head after an hours playin! Ive looked around and as im on a fairly tight budget ive narrowed down to either a 2nd hand TE AH-300, Laney RB9 or Hartke3500. The laney does seem to have swayed me tho. Does anyone on here have 1st hand experience of both the MAG and the RB9 and could offer their thoughts/advises on my predicament?

I'm looking at three of these as well and would be interested to hear what people have to say about them :rolleyes:.
I played the Hartke at a local music store yesterday and much preferred it over the other HartkeLH500 because of its lovely warm tone. Unfortunatly its a considerable amount more than the Laney which has caught my eye, although locally no one seems to stock it :)