Why become a member? ×

SOLD: MarkBass Classic 104

Hi folks!

Here we have for sale is, in the true sense of the word, an absolute mint Classic 104 cabinet. It has been gigged twice and rehearsed with a handful of times, then sensibly stored in a non-smoking household when not in use. Needless to say, there are no issues with the cabinet aethstically or structurally - it looks like a cabinet fresh from the showroom!

Sound wise, it is what most people would expect from a sealed 4x10 style design - a superbly versatile and warm cabinet with serious reserves of power on tap (ashtonishing amounts especially considering it is rated 600 watts at 8 ohms) and a pleasant sounding tweeter that, as can be seen in the pictures, can be swiftly switched off if desired which some people prefer. It produces tones suitable for pretty much any genre, which I think can be compounded (but not neccesarily have to be combined with) by any MarkBass head :) . The cabinet is a very easy one person lift and has decent handles, as with most MarkBass gear.

Here are the exact specifications:

SPEAKER SIZE: 4x10"
TWEETER: Defeatable 1" compression driver with custom horn
POWER HANDLING (AES STANDARD): 600W RMS
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 3.5 kHz
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 50 Hz to 20 kHz (to 6 kHz with horn "off")
SENSITIVITY: 100 dB SPL
IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
REFLEX: None
WEIGHT: 60.85 lbs. / 27.6 kg
WIDTH: 23.03" / 58.5 cm
HEIGHT: 29.80" / 75.7 cm
DEPTH: 18.58" / 47.2 cm

[s][size=2]Price is [b]£560 O.N.O[/s][/b]. [/size][/s]
[s][size=2]Price is now open to [b]offers over £500[/b] [/size][/s]

[s][b][size=4]NOW £450 (open to offers)[/b][/size][/s]

[size=6]NOW SOLD[/size]

It is located in Kent (Medway/Rochester area) but it can also be picked up from Sussex (Shoreham-by-sea/Brighton area) - [b]other arrangements can be made as well including courier etc. so just drop me a PM and we can go from there[/b].

If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to ask, and I will be happy to help - there are also many more pictures available on request!

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='847858' date='May 25 2010, 07:54 PM']That looks so cool, I bet it sounds fab, how different does it sound to the trad ported MB versions?[/quote]

Good question actually - I don't have a lot of experience with the standard MarkBass 4x10's, but I have started rehearsing at a studio with one of the standard 2x10 combos and judging roughly from that I imagine you wouldn't find a [i]huge[/i] difference...? Probably the fact that it's a sealed cabinet does mean it lends itself a little better to rockier, 'pushier' sounds, but like all of the MarkBass stuff it can still achieve pretty much any sounds you want really and also sit in the mix great too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump - I'm heading back from Kent today (where the cabinet is currently located) so now might be the time to put an offer in if you're around the Sussex area :ph34r: I've also made it more obvious in the original post that other arrangements can be organised within reason, which can be discussed over PM.

Either way, any questions or offers then just drop me a line!

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

Hi there mate!

As far as I am aware, you can't actually get a specific cover for this amp (aftermarket or MarkBass)! However, on a quick glance the covers you can get for the Standard 104HF would probably fit as the cabinet dimensions are pretty much the same, but I couldn't confirm for example if the handles would line up. Some aftermarket makers could probably modify the original Standard 104HF cover design slightly so that the handles would line up too. [b]http://www.pianocoversonline.co.uk/[/b] are also superb for amp covers but there are few other good ones too.

If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask :)

Mike