Why become a member? ×

SOLD - BC Rich Ironbird Mk.1 - for sale/trade

Gust0o

I think the time has come to part with my BC Rich Ironbird. I'm looking for around £150 cash or suitable trades (with cash from my end, etc, as appropriate). Of course, I'll be happy to discuss any offers - so don't be shy!

Trades: I'd love a VMJ, or something similiar (with cash from me). I'll be surprised if I find a VMJ owner who loves points, but stranger things have happened :)

If you have a spare EB3, I'd also bite your hand off.

And an older family shot, of the Ironbird alongside my otherr BCRs:

This is the Korean model, with the Mk.1 bodyshape. Black with the traditional split-P pickups, making for a lightweight P-bass with some distinctive looks. It's not something that regularly crops up for sale, which is what drew my eye to it in the first place.

[b]SPECS TO FOLLOW 28/05[/b]

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing; it's been lightweight and fun, and possessing that certain [i]je ne sais quoi[/i] amongst other P-offerings. As is common with suck pointy basses, there are the usual chips to the ends of the points. Neck is straight and the body is otherwise free from damage. I'll ensure I capture this in the pics, which will go up ASAP.

I'm based in York, North Yorkshire - collection is prefered, owing to the shape. Drop-off would be limited to the local area. Shipping would be considered, but we'll need to find some canny way of getting it to you with all the points still attached. These require a specific hardcase, and, sadly, one is not available to go with this.

Pics and a full spec will follow.

Edited by Gust0o

The Eagle is going great guns - I raised the action a little, and she has some new flats on. She's my 'diesel' bass, for whenever I need to hit a QOTSA vibe.

I'll stick some pics up ASAP. Body wood, I'll admit, is a little of an unknown for me - I'll see if I can't rope Lorne into to tell me.

I grabbed some quick shots with the iPhone, to be going on with - I'll capture some in the next couple of days to show the points, and a little more detail throughout.

Edited by Gust0o

Ah, that's my BC Rich 1984 NJ Eagle - an absolute smasher!

I bought it from Shockwave a couple of years back as something to play live. It's very light weight, quick-necked, and offering a P-sound - I think Shaggy called his Eagle a "super precision", and I think that about sums it up.

I love it, and would recommend an Eagle to anyone - if you can land a good NJ or neck-through model then you're laughing.