Why become a member? ×

Ten Storeys High & Friends - Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh

eude

Hi guys,
Just a quick note.
My band Ten Storeys High are starting a new monthly residency called "Ten Storeys High & Friends" tonight in the Voodoo Rooms, 19a West Register Street, Edinburgh above Cafe Royal.
The deal is, we play every month and get different bands in each time, either they support us or we support them depending on who's the bigger fish.

Anyway, if anyone's at a loose end tonight here's the details...

Doors at 7:00 pm
[b]Torpedo Buoy at 8:30 pm[/b]
very cool/weird stuff using looping, trumpet, acoustic guitar, musical saw with bossanova influences... (www.myspace.com/torpedobuoy)

[b]Hoochie Fig at 9:15 pm[/b]
Very talented and quirky acoustic duo, funny and heart warming songs, very nice guitar work too
(www.myspace.com/hoochiefig)

[b]Ten Storeys High at 10:00 pm[/b]
My band, difficult one to describe, maybe "acoustic rock stylings"? Think Nick Cave meets Crosby Still and Nash meets the Buckleys meets The Waterboys meets Mercury Rev, I could go on, but I'm getting bored... :)
The songs on our myspace page don't really represent the band properly, but a proper album's on the way...

Oh and it's £4 at the door

The next one will be Dec 20th

If any Edinburgh based bands, or anyone willing to travel, would be interested in playing with us, give me a shout.
Needs to be semi-acoustic stuff, or at least quiet, also being able to bring a wee rent-a-crowd is always good.
We hate all this "pay to play" crap too, so we will split the door between the bands that have played and the ticket price will vary depending on the number of bands etc.
The venue holds about 100, there's a proper PA and sound engineer.

That's all folks,
Eude

Edited by eude

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,
just dropping another wee note to say my band will be playing again on the 20th of December.
This time we'll be supported by singer/songwriter Gavin Taylor and by The Fusiliers, who'll be treating us to a semi-acoustic set.

Same deal as before, £4 in, doors at 7:00 and I think we'll be on about 10:00.

Maybe see some of you there...

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude

[quote name='eude' post='103803' date='Dec 13 2007, 12:18 PM']Hey guys,
just dropping another wee note to say my band will be playing again on the 20th of December.
This time we'll be supported by singer/songwriter Gavin Taylor and by The Fusiliers, who'll be treating us to a semi-acoustic set.

Same deal as before, £4 in, doors at 7:00 and I think we'll be on about 10:00.

Maybe see some of you there...

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Hello mate. I`ll do my damndest to be there seeing as noone replies to anything if it`s NORTH :)

[quote name='Davetbass' post='104143' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:02 AM']Hello mate. I`ll do my damndest to be there seeing as noone replies to anything if it`s NORTH :)[/quote]

Excellent dude.
Well give us a shout when you get in and I'll get you a pint.

Cheers,
Eude