Why become a member? ×

//Sold// CIJ Fender Precision 70RI White/Black/Rosewood

OldGit

[color="#FF0000"][size=5]Sold [/size][/color]

£475 plus postage From Cardiff.

1999-2000 Crafted In Japan 70's style Precision in a Sid Vicious colours.
Olympic White, Black three ply scratch plate, rosewood fingerboard.
Japanese hardware and pickup.
Non-export, Japanese-market personal import
Many people think these non exports are better than the MIM ones and maybe as good as the MIA. You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment ... :)

Weight is a rather light 7.4 lbs
Nut is 40mm.
Comes with a rubbish Fender dust cover gig bag with no padding.

It has some small dings and these paint scrapes at the top of the forearm chamfer. Just visible from the front as you can see above.

Many more images available.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='Clarky' post='844216' date='May 21 2010, 02:54 PM']These are very nice basses - check out the link in my sig.

Someone buy it, you will be pleased[/quote]

Someone buy it, I will be pleased too :)
Thanks Clarky.

[quote name='cocco' post='844536' date='May 21 2010, 07:42 PM']How does the neck feel?[/quote]

Hi, can you explain what you mean?
Width, depth, finish or something else?
Thanks
OG

Edit I see you are in Cardiff. Come round and have a go :)

Edited by OldGit

If I may throw in my tuppenn'orth, the neck on the 70RI is quite narrow (B width) and feels half way between a traditional P and a J. For a Jazz player looking to move towards a Precision it will be a very comfortable option IMHO. If on the other hand you want a really chunky baseball bat 50s Precision neck, this is not the bass for you. Hope that helps.

Edited by Clarky

Hi mate. Kind of all of the above I suppose. Is it a trunk of a neck? I had a 78 which I miss the neck of dearly, it was pure poetry. I'm immagining it's glossed, not really a major issue. Is it deep? Mine was quite wide at the nut but then shallow. Kind of like a rick I suppose. I know what I mean but it's hard to word. I tend to either love or hate p necks and there's never anything real behind it. Just that something that necks either have or don't. Wow I sound pretentious now.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't answer re Reading that. Lol

[quote name='cocco' post='844688' date='May 21 2010, 10:18 PM']Hi mate. Kind of all of the above I suppose. Is it a trunk of a neck? I had a 78 which I miss the neck of dearly, it was pure poetry. I'm immagining it's glossed, not really a major issue. Is it deep? Mine was quite wide at the nut but then shallow. Kind of like a rick I suppose. I know what I mean but it's hard to word. I tend to either love or hate p necks and there's never anything real behind it. Just that something that necks either have or don't. Wow I sound pretentious now.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't answer re Reading that. Lol[/quote]
check my post above. Its very far from a tree trunk neck. As Jazz like as a P can get (without actually having J dimensions). Glossed on the back but its not thick and gloopy. I find it very fast, faster for example than the vintage 73 Fender Jazz I used to own.

[quote name='cocco' post='844688' date='May 21 2010, 10:18 PM']Hi mate. Kind of all of the above I suppose. Is it a trunk of a neck? I had a 78 which I miss the neck of dearly, it was pure poetry. I'm imagining it's glossed, not really a major issue. Is it deep? Mine was quite wide at the nut but then shallow. Kind of like a rick I suppose. I know what I mean but it's hard to word. I tend to either love or hate p necks and there's never anything real behind it. Just that something that necks either have or don't. Wow I sound pretentious now.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't answer re Reading that. Lol[/quote]

Ha ha come and have a go. That's a lot easier than me trying to describe it in any meaningful way.
However, for those of you not in Cardiff.....

It's 40mm so not massively wide. The wide traditional C type is about 44mm
It's deeper (fretboard to thumb position) than my 62RI but it's not a baseball bat. Somewhere in the middle.

Finish wise it's still got its glossy coat. I'd [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=11331&view=findpost&p=153000"]take the 800 grit to it[/url] if I was keeping it.

I'll PM you the full gallery of big pics..

[quote name='K-Dog109' post='845002' date='May 22 2010, 12:12 PM']love for the Jap P basses! Shame youre not in brighton or Id come try that in a flash![/quote]

Sorry!
You could always buy it, try it and move it on if you don't gel :)

Im checkin my funds at the mo but Im well interested in this. would you take £400 for it? Ive wanted a white p bass with Rosewood board for months now and been toying with the idea of a vint mod squier for a while. ( im a man of simple tastes XD) but this looks like it might be the one!

[quote name='K-Dog109' post='845086' date='May 22 2010, 01:58 PM']Im checkin my funds at the mo but Im well interested in this. would you take £400 for it? Ive wanted a white p bass with Rosewood board for months now and been toying with the idea of a vint mod squier for a while. ( im a man of simple tastes XD) but this looks like it might be the one![/quote]

Glad you are interesed. I know you are a newbie but price negotiations are usually carried out via a PM .. :)
Oh and I may take £400, if I still have it in November .. :rolleyes:

[quote name='OldGit' post='845090' date='May 22 2010, 02:02 PM']Glad you are interesed. I know you are a newbie but price negotiations are usually carried out via a PM .. :)
Oh and I may take £400, if I still have it in November .. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Soz about that. rookie mistake!
Im most definitely considering it, I might have to sell some stuff for the moneys. Also a valid point about buying and then selling if I dont get on with it. How long have you had it?

[quote name='K-Dog109' post='845115' date='May 22 2010, 02:42 PM']Soz about that. rookie mistake!
Im most definitely considering it, I might have to sell some stuff for the moneys. Also a valid point about buying and then selling if I dont get on with it. How long have you had it?[/quote]

Swap you for your Squier JV :)

I've had this about a fortnight. I import them from Japan.
I usually have one or two either here or on the way.
Mostly 62RI Precisions and Jazzes. The 70RI's don't come up much... well they do, but at very silly money.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='845126' date='May 22 2010, 02:58 PM']Swap you for your Squier JV :)

I've had this about a fortnight. I import them from Japan.
I usually have one or two either here or on the way.
Mostly 62RI Precisions and Jazzes. The 70RI's don't come up much... well they do, but at very silly money.[/quote]

Haha I just saw this one!
I am never gonna sell that JV. Its the best bass I've ever played for what I need and has NEVER let me down. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...