Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard Build Diary MKII

Dubs

Over a year ago I made this - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38784&st=0&start=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0[/url]

Turns out it had a few problems so now I've decided to make a new and improved version! It has to be smaller, lighter, have more gaps for cables, and have a much shallower incline to make it more practical to use live.

I had an old shelf lying around...

...so I chopped the top of it off:

I then took a few bits out and carried out some very scientific measurements for where the gaps should go with a few typically sized pedals:

I then cut out some legs but made sure they were of a pretty shallow incline, and then got to work with the Liquid Nails :brow: :

Pow!

I ordered some very fluffy carpet from eBay and then done some more very scientific measurements:

Turns out that I was about 2 inches too eager to get on with it:

Measure twice, cut once, blah blah blah... second time lucky, and more Liquid Nails!:

Then more measuring and cutting and stapling and glueing and finger slicing with Stanley knives:

I forgot how much of a pain in the arse it is to carpet stuff. Not quite finished yet but it's going well and should be good. Simple but effective.

Finished:

It's a bit rough around the edges and needs tidying up, but it'll do for the minute. Pretty much exactly what I needed and is ideal for what I'll use it for. Just need a tuner and a volume pedal :)