Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fender Deluxe Active P-Bass Special

Philboyo

Good afternoon

I am selling my nice chrome red P-Bass Deluxe Active Special MIM as i need to have a clear out of equipment.

I bought it in January last year from GAK
The details can be found here
[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-p-bass/533"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-p-bass/533[/url]
and currently retail at £559

It is in very good condition as i take a care of my basses and has one ding on the headstock which can be seen from the photo but it really isnt much so i wanted to let you know.

I added a bridge cover and then after a while decided that i did not like it so removed it but you can have that too if you want.
It has a nice low action and plays fast as a fast thing.
I would like £340 please or make me an offer and you are welcome to come and try it first.
Postage would be extra of course but i dont mind meeting up within say a thirty mile radius of Bristol

Blurb follows

The main features of the Fender ACTIVE P BASS SPECIAL include:

•Hybrid P Bass, highly versatile with great looks, sound and playability
•Alder, (Precision Bass Body)
•Maple Jazz Bass Neck, Modern “C” Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
•Rosewood, 9.5 inch Radius (241mm) Fingerboard
•20 Medium Jumbo Frets
•1 Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid), 1 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge)
•Controls - Master Volume, Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ with: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave. Mid Boost/Cut: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope. Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
•Pan Pot Pickup Switching
•American Vintage Precision Bass Bridge
•Standard Machine Heads
•Chrome Hardware
•1-Ply Beveled Gold Vinyl Pickguard
•34 inch (864 mm) Scale Length
•1.50 inch (38mm) Width at Nut

The hard case is included.

Let me know if you are interested please.

Phil

Edited by Philboyo

[quote name='Philboyo' post='848724' date='May 26 2010, 05:27 PM']Ummm.... another drop !!
£340ish
and then it's back under the bed.[/quote]
I'm tempted, but it would rely on my getting rid of my old Westone first.

How do you find the bridge on this - I'm used to the solidity of something like a Badass and have in the past fought a bit shy of the American Vintage bridges.

[quote name='fraff' post='848740' date='May 26 2010, 05:42 PM']I'm tempted, but it would rely on my getting rid of my old Westone first.

How do you find the bridge on this - I'm used to the solidity of something like a Badass and have in the past fought a bit shy of the American Vintage bridges.[/quote]

Hello Fraff

I'm sorry but i cant make the comparison between this bridge and a Badass as i have never tried one.
It stays in tune and is fully adjustable as it's meant to i suppose and has loads of solid sounds.
Maybe someone on this forum can comment on the pros and cons of these different bridges perhaps?
If you are local (ish) come and have a play and see how you get on.

Cheers

Phil

[quote name='Philboyo' post='849131' date='May 27 2010, 08:15 AM']Hello Fraff

I'm sorry but i cant make the comparison between this bridge and a Badass as i have never tried one.
It stays in tune and is fully adjustable as it's meant to i suppose and has loads of solid sounds.
Maybe someone on this forum can comment on the pros and cons of these different bridges perhaps?
If you are local (ish) come and have a play and see how you get on.

Cheers

Phil[/quote]

Nope, up in London I'm afraid. Anyone else have bridge thoughts??

Cheers

Ian

[quote name='Philboyo' post='850225' date='May 28 2010, 11:53 AM']Bass is still available.

(People are having a think about it or intending to get funds in order.)

Phil[/quote]

Hi,
Whats the best price for this lovely looking bass???
KElly

[quote name='kellsywells' post='852349' date='May 31 2010, 08:48 AM']Hi,
Whats the best price for this lovely looking bass???
KElly[/quote]

Hello Kelly

Sorry but this beauty went to a new home last night.
xzodar from Bristol came and picked her up.
Thanks for the interest though.
Phil