Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT - Sandberg California JJ5

Rumble

This has to be the shortest time I've EVER had a bass and I can't say I'm proud of the fact! I only bought this a couple of weeks ago to partner my F bass, but having tried in out in anger on a few occasions now, it's just so similar to my F bass (a true compliment to the Sandberg) that I don't really see much point in having them both. Adopting the last in, first out theory, the Sandberg is up for grabs.

It must be noted that the neck on this beast is an absolute beauty to play. The tone is very beefed up jazz with an extremely versatile EQ.

With regards to potential trades, I'd really like to get my hands on another Warwick given that the general Warwick tone is pretty different to the F bass.

Ideally I'd like a Corvette or Streamer Jazzman, but might be open to other suggestions.

For a cash sale I'd be looking at £700.

NB - I've just installed a brand new set or EB Slinkys.

Gig bag and allan keys included, along with an instruction leaflet for bridge and neck adjustments etc...

Any questions, please feel free to holla.

[attachment=49456:IMG_2025__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49457:IMG_2026__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49458:IMG_2027__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49459:IMG_2028__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49460:IMG_2029__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49461:IMG_2030__50__.JPG]
[attachment=49462:IMG_2032__50__.JPG]

Edited by Rumble

[quote name='victor5string' post='834119' date='May 11 2010, 12:29 PM']whats the scale lenght?
how many frets?[/quote]

It's a 35" scale with 22 frets.

Thanks

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='834120' date='May 11 2010, 12:30 PM']Jeez, look at the state of it. Not worth more than £50 IMHO. some people just dont know how to look after a bass lol.

Good luck with the sale. If it wasn't a aged finish i would have it.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes:
Must admit, it's very difficult to know how to describe the condition, because I could've added 20 dings and scratches to it, but still pass it off as 'mint'!

[quote name='Rumble' post='834155' date='May 11 2010, 12:56 PM']It's a 35" scale with 22 frets.

Thanks

:) :rolleyes:
Must admit, it's very difficult to know how to describe the condition, because I could've added 20 dings and scratches to it, but still pass it off as 'mint'![/quote]

Would you consider trading for a musicman sterling? Four string, Silver sparkle with birdseye maple neck?

Edited by MatG87

[quote name='MatG87' post='834165' date='May 11 2010, 01:02 PM']Would you consider trading for a musicman sterling? Four string, Silver sparkle with birdseye maple neck?[/quote]

That sounds very nice, got any pics of it (not to post in this thread of course). I dont think ive seen one in silver sparkle before.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='834208' date='May 11 2010, 01:43 PM']That sounds very nice, got any pics of it (not to post in this thread of course). I dont think ive seen one in silver sparkle before.[/quote]

I'll post some up in a separate thread, considering trading/selling!

Don't want to de-rail this thread, so consider this a bump for such a nice bass!

This bass is stunning, look and play. This bass has almost limitless tonal variations, , whether you choose fingers, pick or slap, this bass to deliver just what you want.
Really nice guitar!!

Edited by Mauro