Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB Elite-II (1984 Matsumoku) SOLD, PLEASE DELETE

Clarky72

One well-loved bass for sale...

Having a bit of a clear out to make (wallet) room for my new Harley, so I'm begrudgingly passing on a few of my treasures.

Its a 1984 Matsumoku Aria Pro II SB Elite-II in beautiful translucent black. Its a bit of a rarity as they mostly came in padouk red or oak.

• 2 MB II Double coil pickups
• 5-ply maple/walnut transmit neck
• 24 fret, rosewood board
• Slimmer neck than the SB-1000
• Vol, tone, pu selector, 2 coil taps

There's a small bit of wear on the edge near the strap button that I've marked on one of the pics, but that's it. Great condition, all original, plays beautifully. Comes with suitable retro burgundy leatherette gig bag. That's a gem in itself, actually all my band laugh at it, but I love the kitsch-retro look of it!

£650 would persuade me to give it up, I'm not looking for trades on this one.

Metallica fans should love this. I do.

Edited by Clarky72

[quote name='Clarky72' post='832580' date='May 9 2010, 09:21 PM']Actually scrap the 'no trades' bit. Anyone willing to do a straight swap for a Harley Dyna is more than welcome to message me! :)[/quote]

I'll take it as a part/ex on my Dyna Custom.

I have one of these in pearly White/ivory, atleast I think it's an elite. mine has a different control config though. I have stacked pots. Awesome bass. Easily the best neck I've ever played.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='MB1' post='853426' date='Jun 1 2010, 12:21 PM']MB1. :)
...Richard or Tim?[/quote]

:rolleyes: That nearly killed me.
When I said "similar" I was refering to the looks and the brand, not the model. Obviously Cliff played a 1980's SB1000 (active, one pickup) in Cardinal Black and used the passive model of one pickup as a backup. But it looks dark-stained, something not so usual on Aria's after 1982, 'cause they used clear red, white and greyish blue at that time, and this looks darker like the top of the line models (SB1000 and SB900) but it is passive. Perhaps a transitional model.

• 6 months later...