Why become a member? ×

SOLD !! Wal Custom, Mk1, late '80s.

Stacker

This bass belongs to a Scottish pro musician and he's asked me to act as an itermediary in the forthcoming sale of his late '80s Wal Custom. AFAIK. it's a shedua-faced bass and is around 9/10 condition, only being used for one tour before being superceded by Stringrays. There may also be the Wal moulded case but the existence of this and verification of the bass' attributes will be made when I see it next week.

I don't really want to put this anywhere near ebay if I have to so it'll go on bass and Wal fora for now. I'm abroad all next week and will bring the bass back with me and then I'll post some pix. Any Qs, anyone interested, or knows anyone who may be, drop me a PM.

Edited by Stacker

damn these basses sell quick!

Must be the only basses on this forum to sell without pics :)

Starting to think i'll never get one of these bad boys....

Anyway, congratulations on the purchase barend. :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh, there's a pic now! i'm sure there wasn't when I looked..

Edited by Dirty Soul

No, not Deek's old bass.

I think Barend was destined to have a Mk1 back in his hands. It's always the case when you let something go that you shouldn't have and you hunt high and low to get them back again.
Nice meet another Basschatter in the flesh, too.

Nice to meet you too!

To clarify: it was not sold unseen. I had seen some pictures of it and also played on the bass before I made up my decision.
I was looking for a Wal MK1 for some time now after I sold mine a year ago which I regretted. But still this one sounds and feels slightly better then the one I had although it is not a huge difference.