Why become a member? ×

SWR Electric Blue Amp Head ***SOLD***

Bilbo

ELECTRIC BLUE

The Electric Blue was the head-only version of the Baby Blue Studio Reference Bass System. It comes housed in it's own mini road case with a removable, protective lid and handle. Due to numerous requests, this amplifier was reintroduced in 1998 with the same specifications and a simplified protective case as the "Baby Blue Head". The Baby Blue (head only) was designed and developed for the discerning professional bass player in need of a superior small bass head for studio and small venues.

The precision electronic section is entirely hand-built and employs everything from vacuum tubes for the preamp section to discreet solid state components for the power amplifier. Each individual component was selected for reliability and accurate reproduction of the signals from both electric and acoustic instruments. The features were selected with an emphasis on studio applications and for use in live settings where a very true signal is needed. By using just the power switch and volume controls, we believe you will experience the cleanest and most transparent sound you have heard out of your instrument. The Aural Enhancer and Tone sections are designed to bring out the "character" of the individual musician and their instrument without altering or masking their inherent qualities and/or techniques.

I am looking for [b]£280 ono [/b]- I cannot find a credible price guide on line but I know what I paid for it :) If you have a better idea on market value by all means come back to me.

About 6.5kgs (unscientifically measured using kitchen scales). Pretty light, you can carry it under your arm, but, by Markbass standards, its a porker!! I have used it as my lightweight alternative amp for a long time (10 years??) but decided I didn't need it anymore as the gigs I am doing require something bigger (600W Eden) (GK MBX112 cabs are up for sale as well but they are being looked at next weekend and are on hold so this amp is for sale as a stand alone).

Its a lovely clean little amp.

Bump - after a seriously iffy 'offer' from someone on Guitarmart who offered to buy the amp and to send me a cheque for £1990 which I should cash into my account, take out the amp money and give the rest to the 'courier' who collects its. Apparently, the extra is for furnture and tools. Apparently.

Yeah, right. :)

Thanks, Gwillym. That's really helpful.

Can't believe this isn't moving at this price.... I was playing through it today as I was selling some GK cabs; its a great little amp. I just need the money for my double bass project. If it doesn't go, I won't be that disappointed.