Why become a member? ×

Schecter 004 (A Black Beauty)

jazzyitalian

These are really cool basses. The Schecter oo4 sometimes called "Shecterbocker". I had this since 2008 and it was a back up.

I have more pictures on photobucket.

I bought this Schecter 004 bass new in 2008 as a temporary back up, until I was able to get around to building my own bass. Yes that's right...I build basses with my brother. Il Buscanti!!!

I am mixed on this one. Because the damn thing plays real good.

The Schecter is a pristine 2nd. It had a small area the size of a dime on the back of the top horn that was missing some gloss. So I bought the bass at a discount, and made the cosmetic repair myself. (Chip is gone for good.) These are no longer made by Schecter. I guarantee, this one is minty.

This is an ash body, 2-band active EQ that can be switched to passive mode. Knobs are for master volume pull/push passive/active, pickup blend control, treble, and bass tones. The custom bridge accommodates either string-through-body or top loading. Other special features include jumbo frets, block inlays, neck binding, brass nut, and a 5-bolt neck attachment.

I also bought a brand new Gator Hardshell Tolex case for it. The schecter cases are actually made for a different model. But the gators are a perfect fit. This is a light bass. It feels smallish and comfortable. It's easy on the shoulders and feels great in your hands. I don't know if you folks see many of these on the racks in the UK. But the Schecters have a following here in the US.

My price is now LOWERED to $539. That included the case which is also in great condition. The price included shipping to anywhere in the continental US. But since most of you chaps live in the UK and abroad, I'll give you a $30 shipping credit. Pay Pal preferred.

Because the exchange rate is a moving target, I'll let anyone interested know what the price is in British Pounds when asked.

I also just restrung it with a brand new set of Eden Lights which in my estimation are one of the best bass strings on the market. Those sell for $30 a set. That'll be a free add on as well.

Please feel free to write me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Jazz

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='836896' date='May 14 2010, 03:35 AM']Thats a nice price, but I think you'll struggle in the UK as import duties will add so much onto it...[/quote]

Agreed. Duties seem to get in the way of everything. But the right bass player will overlook the duties in the pursuit of happiness.

• 3 months later...