Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Ibanez SR3006E

mcgraham

Officially sold I'm afraid, will be shipping off sharpish.

Mark

[s]Hey all,

Title says the score, I have one of these babies and I'm looking to move it on.

Firstly my opinion; I love this bass cos it does have the complete extra upper and lower range that I love to venture into. It has a thick, rich, well defined sound as you would expect from such great wood combinations. It is extremely well constructed, only ever had to adjust the truss rod once and that was to set it up the way I like it. It is of medium output and quite a modern tone, it is not super snarly but not too dark either. EQ is fair but I tend to run things flat and eq offboard almost always.

Here are the specs:

Ibanez SR2006E
6 string
34" scale
Bolt on
Wenge neck and fretboard w/ bubinga stringers/laminates
Abalone inlays
24 frets
Contoured Mahogany body
Custom Bartolini soapbars
Active onboard EQ - Volume | Blend | Stacked bass and treble | Stacked mid and mid sweep
Individual monorail bridge pieces and Gotoh GB7 tuners in almost smoky chrome

I don't think I've missed anything there?

Now, to be as up front as possible I want to inform you of its state:

- Physically the only blemish I know of is a minute hairline indent about a centimetre long on the back (dodgy bass stand) but you genuinely cannot see it unless I point it out in person with bright lights and at juuuust the right angle.
- Doesn't particularly need a setup, at least not in my opinion, and I am very particular I am about my basses.
- There is a DIY finger ramp if you desire, it's in with the deal regardless, you could chuck it or leave it here if you didn't want it.
- Stupidly stupidly left the truss rod cover saying 'prestige' on it back home, and as that is 6000 miles or so east of my present location, I ain't getting it anytime soon!
- The electronics WILL need looking at, one of the knobs got knocked and fractionally bent in transit thus impeding it's turning. I reckon it'll cost anywhere from 10 to 20 quid for basic work but it depends what you want, you could upgrade to a better eq if you so chose.
- The battery hasn't need replacing to this day and it's been fine. HOWEVER, when I have tried to put in a standard one (other than the one it came with) into the battery pack it's been a tight fit, so you may need to ask a technician's opinion as to how to sort that (give you something to chat about whilst the electronics are getting looked at :) )

My price? Thought about this for a while, I am willing to move this on for 400 quid + postage. There is a mint condition SKB hardcase I'm willing to throw it in for a extra few bob but it'd take a good offer to get me to part with it as I'm quite fond of this case, it pleases me. I'm trying to find a fair price for it at present, will edit when I've settled on one. I'm based in Nottingham and do not drive so it's either postage or collection (collection is always preferable but especially so if you don't want the hardcase).

Please PM me if you're interested, would like to come try it out, or have any questions at all.

Enjoy your weekends people!

Mark

Pics below (apologies for graininess in full size, yet another camera phone):

[attachment=3589:IMAGE_019.jpg]

[attachment=3590:IMAGE_020.jpg]

[attachment=3591:IMAGE_021.jpg]

[attachment=3592:IMAGE_022.jpg]

[attachment=3593:IMAGE_023.jpg]

[attachment=3594:IMAGE_024.jpg]

P.S. Woo! I'm thrilled I managed to get the image attachment to work![/s]

Edited by mcgraham

Cheers David, good of you to chime in :) plus it's a free bump!

If I'm honest, those two issues are about the only thing keeping me from selling it!

I appreciate that it may come across as lazy, that really isn't it at all. Even if it was repaired I'd still put it up for the same price as I'm only looking to put a nominal amount of cash in the bankie for savings purposes, not intending to make a profit here.

Anyway, if anyone is interested and doesn't mind getting some work done on it, drop me a line!

Mark

Thanks for posting, was beginning to think no-one cared!

I'd agree that it would cost more to buy a stingray off here than it would to buy the above off here, but I disagree that it'd cost 250 pounds more. Cast a glance over the 5's for sale and you'll see even they're priced lower than what you suggest. If you're interested we can discuss but I would not be inclined to put 250 pounds towards the trade.

Mark

[quote name='mcgraham' post='90845' date='Nov 19 2007, 02:40 PM']Thanks for posting, was beginning to think no-one cared!

I'd agree that it would cost more to buy a stingray off here than it would to buy the above off here, but I disagree that it'd cost 250 pounds more. Cast a glance over the 5's for sale and you'll see even they're priced lower than what you suggest. If you're interested we can discuss but I would not be inclined to put 250 pounds towards the trade.

Mark[/quote]

There's *so many* Stingrays (4's & 5's) around at the moment that I think it's a buyers market...

This Ibanez is pretty rare and certainly won't come up secondhand all that often.

[quote name='Machines' post='90864' date='Nov 19 2007, 03:01 PM']Sounds like the words of a man with some cash spare :).[/quote]

Yeah, and I've just spent it!!!

On an Ibanez DWB3 Doug Wimbish 4 string.

More explaining to do, and a bass to sell ;-)

Anyone want a USA Deluxe Fender 5 string?

Hey KJP,

I'm afraid with winter setting in there's no way I can do daylight pictures til the weekend and I'm not at home during daylight hours this weekend. Sorry man! Pop in the model number into google image search and you should find some. It looks exactly the same, cosmetically and structurally in mint condition other than what I've mentioned above.

Tell you what, getting so tempted to keep this baby and pimp it up with cash from a potential sale of the Smith cos it has a killer B string.

Mark

I am sorry the pictures aren't quite what would be preferred for buying a bass, I think you're well within your rights to ask for better pics, I apologise that I can't furnish you with them at present. You're more than welcome to visit and see it in the flesh though...

Mark

Love to, but don't often get to Nottingham - currently in Ireland. I've managed to find enough info on the web, including some excellent images. All I am trying to work out now is how they sound. My main bass is a Steinberger - old, but I love it -and that is extremely clean and quiet. I am looking for something that can "growl" a bit with a very good low B, but still sound tight and controlled. I also want to develop my embryonic slap technique.

I have owned a lot of Ibanez basses, and they were all disappointing in the tone department - however, the newest one I owned was a Roadstar II so no doubt the newer basses are a lot better now.

Anyway, if you can point me at any samples of the bass, or even a recording of one, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll continue the research.

[i]Alright people, as a warning I'm getting the electronics looked at. If it costs as little as I reckon it will this baby will no longer be for sale and I'll be modding it up to be all that it can be. Thought a heads up would be in order.[/i]<-- Guys are taking way too long to even [i]look[/i] at it to tell me what will need to be done so I'm going to go in and take it back asap.

Mark

Edited by mcgraham