Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD__FS/FT Ibanez Musician MC924DS

octaedro7

Hi Fellow BassChaters,
I'm selling this beauty because I'm a five strings player.
You probably have hear this a million times but I really thought I would keep this one. I've decided to reduce my stock to only 2 bases. I'm not even giging, just studying, so no point in having basses parking on a room.
This is a 1982 Ibanez Musician MC924 Dark Stain. [u]It's 100% original[/u] and it's in a ridiculously good condition, more over considering that is a 28 year old bass.
It comes with its OHSC that it's in good condition.
You have probably seen these before but I doubt that you have seen one in such a good condition.
Specs:
Body: Ash
Neck: 5 ply Maple Neck-Through.
Scale: 34"
String Spacing: 19 mm (@ the bridge)
Pickups: Super P5 / Super J5
Preamp: Model EQ B. 9V 3 band EQ, active passive switch. Volume - Balance - Master Tone knobs.
Tuners: Velve Tune B II. 24:1 ratio
Fretboard: 24 frets Ebony fretboard with abalone inlays.
Bridge: Accu Cast B High Mass.

This is a totally versatile beast, from classic P's and J's sounds to more modern ones. The preamp is amazingly Hi-Fi. If you turn it on flat there is no audible difference. The Master tone works both in passive and active modes. Pups have super high output and hell of a tone.
Minimum fret wear, low action and professionaly adjusted. Truss-rod fully funtional, neck is straight as an arrow.
It's dressed with Elixirs 0.45-100.5. IMHO a 0.40 would suit it better.

I've taken detailed photos of the only dings that it has.

I'm asking £700 + Shipping

Trades I'm interested in: [u]Only fivers[/u] with wide string spacing. Minimum 18 mm. Preferably Maple fretboard.
Lakland Skyline 5502, JO, DJ.
Other modern classics like Valenties, Shuckers, KSDs, etc.
Amps Heads: Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0, Mark Bass little heads, Tecamps, Ashdown little giant 350, etc. You've got the picture. I don't need more than 350W but it must be small.
Priority is selling.
Money going or coming case to case of course.
The bass is in Madrid Spain so no duties to UK whatsoever, just regular shipping costs. Should be like £45 or so
To the bone:

Bigger and loads more pictures with all details:
[url="http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/octaedro7/Ibanez%20Musician%20MC924DS/"]http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/oc...cian%20MC924DS/[/url]
Cheers

Edited by octaedro7