Why become a member? ×

MARKBASS CMD121H 400W combo

StanS

Great sounding, lightweight combo. Great for cramped spaces in pubs !! Ideal back line with PA, or full enough as stand alone for small to medium gigs. Can be used as amp to power separate cab, with or without combo spkr.
Rarely gigged. Unmarked and as new. Sad to see it go. :)
£650. £240 less than best current price new.

Feedback link:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82360"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82360[/url]

Edited by StanS

I have gigged one of these solidly for the past 2.5 years now in a 5 piece (loud) covers band and various originals projects and it has never let me down. It's loud enough for all but the hugest of venues. One hand lift, simple but great features and a great crystal clear and rounded tone. Can't praise it enough, it has more than paid for itself in terms of petrol, ease of transport and sound quality. Add an 8ohm extension cab and it pumps out a ridiculous 500w+!

I believe the head is essentially the same as the little mark 2.

Not surprised this is the first one I've seen for sale on here, they're keepers for sure.

[quote name='theosd' post='819114' date='Apr 26 2010, 11:41 AM']I have gigged one of these solidly for the past 2.5 years now in a 5 piece (loud) covers band and various originals projects and it has never let me down. It's loud enough for all but the hugest of venues. One hand lift, simple but great features and a great crystal clear and rounded tone. Can't praise it enough, it has more than paid for itself in terms of petrol, ease of transport and sound quality. Add an 8ohm extension cab and it pumps out a ridiculous 500w+!

I believe the head is essentially the same as the little mark 2.

Not surprised this is the first one I've seen for sale on here, they're keepers for sure.[/quote]

Hi,

Just got myself one of these babies, with the extra cab dy'a reckon it'll pump out some serious noise in a biggish hall?

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='819208' date='Apr 26 2010, 12:36 PM']Hi,

Just got myself one of these babies, with the extra cab dy'a reckon it'll pump out some serious noise in a biggish hall?

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

i used one of these with the markbass 12 inch ext cab, with my originals band, was nice, great if your through the pa

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='819208' date='Apr 26 2010, 12:36 PM']Hi,

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

It pumps out some serious noise on its own already but the extra cab would definitely help push more air and achieve better clarity. Like I said, I've used this amp for [i]every single[/i] gig I've played (probably averaging 1.5 gigs a week) for the past two and a half years and probably no more than twice have I pushed both the gain and master above 12 o'clock (and that's with a loud 5 piece covers band with two marshall-toting guitarists and a 6'7 beast of a drummer). It gets a bit lost in big echoey halls and as such I've always wanted to try it with the markbass 2x10 ext cab for a bit of extra punch in those situations but having just bought an Orange PA120 off Tayste my monies will be going into getting a matamp 2x12 for that.

A lot of people agree that the 121H, although bigger, has the rear port, and so sounds more rounded than the 2x10 combo or the 121p. The horn has been said to be less brittle than the tweeter in the other MB combos, but I wouldn't know as I've only used mine.

They cost as much as they do for a reason; the volume/weight ratio is staggering. That they sound awesome too is just the icing on the cake; their renowned clarity of tone really isn't just hype.

I ought to get commission if this sells :) but to be fair I'd sing its praises any day of the week to anyone who'd listen, such is the awesomeness of the Markbass CMD121H!

It worked very well with the MB 104HF for bigger gigs, disconnecting the combo speaker. Seriously loud + great depth. But hassle to carry around ! :)
A good combo has to be the best compromise ! :rolleyes:

Edited by StanS