Why become a member? ×

any good guitar/music shops in nottingham?

chrisd24

Millennium has about 4 basses at any time, plus a couple of Ashdown and TC amps. There's another one in hockley that stocks Gibsons and Fenders mainly, Fox's (or whatever it's called now) in the Victoria Centre has a pretty standard range of a few Fenders and a couple of Ibanez. Music Inn is the best of the bunch IMO, a decent range of basses and guitars and friendly people.

If you're around Long Eaton, you could come to GIGS but we're only a tiny shop and don't have much stock.

[quote name='Tait' post='807215' date='Apr 15 2010, 03:03 PM']fuzz and the guitar and drum centre are two to check out. the one in victoria centre is ok, but nothing special really.[/quote]

Is Fuzz the one in Hockley just up from Millennium music? Last time I went to the G&DC, it was closed up for building work or something.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='807602' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:42 PM']Is Fuzz the one in Hockley just up from Millennium music? Last time I went to the G&DC, it was closed up for building work or something.[/quote]

erm, i don't know millenium music i'm afriad, but yeah its in Hockley, so i assume so. its only relatively recently opened up.

the only way i can think to describe it is its across the road from shakeout :) which is also well woth a visit :rolleyes:

Edited by Tait

Fuzz also had some Sandberg stuff in the last time I went. They tend to have a relatively small stock but it is medium to top end stuff.

Don't forget the Drum an Guitar Centre just round the corner from Millenium. They have some reasonable stuff in and are pretty helpful.

Fuzz and guitar/drum centre are my go too places, I feel like a fool going into fuzz though, they are all 'edgy' cool dudes in there, I'm not.

Last time I went past Fuzz they had a load of markbass gear, but that's my usual go to place for guitar stuff, guitar centre down the way has a lot more bass guitars, not to sure on ampage though, there also a shop round the way from there (don't know the name) that has a few basses and 1 or 2 ashdown rigs.

Guitar centre is usually the cheapest. Musicroom in the victoria centre is ridiculous, they only have 5 string packs yet they don't sell any 5 string basses, what's up with that.