Why become a member? ×

Jazz "bitsa" bass for sale!

kets

Evening all,

Up for sale is my Fecker Jizz "bitsa" bass, which I swopped last year from Davetbass. I don't really want to sell it, however I'd like to get the twisted neck on my Musicman sorted, so it's up for sale to fund that.

It has a Mighty Mite maple/maple neck and the frets have been dressed so it plays really well and is lovely and slim. The origin of the body is unknown. It has EMG active pickups and wiring with traditional jazz controls and really nails the classic Jazz sound. It also has black hardware with Badass 11 bridge and Wilkinson tuners. Currently strung with Ernie ball slinky's.

It's in Olympic white and I've added a tort scratchplate, however the original brass anodised one will be included. I'll also include a "Fender Jazz Bass" made in U.S.A. decal, which I never got round to fitting.

The body and neck have a few marks here and there, but generally good.

Any questions, please ask.

Edited to include possible trade for an amp head of some sort. No more than 200 watts required. Peavey, Trace Elliot or similar?

[attachment=47368:050.JPG][attachment=47366:053.JPG][attachment=47367:055.JPG]

Edited by kets

[quote name='kets' post='806689' date='Apr 14 2010, 11:17 PM']Evening all,

Up for sale is my Fecker Jizz "bitsa" bass, which I swopped last year from Davetbass. I don't really want to sell it, however I'd like to get the twisted neck on my Musicman sorted, so it's up for sale to fund that.

It has a Mighty Mite maple/maple neck and the frets have been dressed so it plays really well and is lovely and slim. The origin of the body is unknown. It has EMG active pickups and wiring with traditional jazz controls and really nails the classic Jazz sound. It also has black hardware with Badass 11 bridge and Wilkinson tuners. Currently strung with Ernie ball slinky's.

It's in Olympic white and I've added a tort scratchplate, however the original brass anodised one will be included. I'll also include a "Fender Jazz Bass" made in U.S.A. decal, which I never got round to fitting.

The body and neck have a few marks here and there, but generally good.

Any questions, please ask.

[attachment=47368:050.JPG][attachment=47366:053.JPG][attachment=47367:055.JPG][/quote]

I can vouch for this guitar and Stu who is a great guy to deal with. Bought as a project on this forum and lovingly coaxed into a really powerful bass. Finishing touches were made by a local luthier who profiled the frets and set the whole thing up. That alone cost 120 quid so a bargain to be had!!

Cheers Stu

Dave

[quote name='oldslapper' post='808457' date='Apr 16 2010, 02:32 PM']How easy is it to get the old decal off and the new one on?
Looks like a nice bass.

John[/quote]

the case for me in the past has been a quick sand, and then a new bit of laquar over the sanded area. Although I'm no pro.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='808744' date='Apr 16 2010, 06:21 PM']the case for me in the past has been a quick sand, and then a new bit of laquar over the sanded area. Although I'm no pro.[/quote]

Thanks.
Anything that has passed through Davetbass's hands is gonna be good IME.
Toooo tempting.

Thanks for the comments guys. It is indeed a great bass and Dave is a top bloke to deal with.

The decal hasn't been lacquered over, so I suspect you'd be able to remove it without sanding, I'm no expert though. There'll be a thread on here somewhere that explains how. I think the new decal is a waterslide transfer, so it shouldn't be too difficult to apply (Famous last words...!)

I'll have a look in the morning.

[quote name='kets' post='809120' date='Apr 17 2010, 05:30 AM']Thanks for the comments guys. It is indeed a great bass and Dave is a top bloke to deal with.

The decal hasn't been lacquered over, so I suspect you'd be able to remove it without sanding, I'm no expert though. There'll be a thread on here somewhere that explains how. I think the new decal is a waterslide transfer, so it shouldn't be too difficult to apply (Famous last words...!)

I'll have a look in the morning.[/quote]

I can verify the above :) I had just put the decal on the headstock when Stu aquired it. Should come off with a good soaking and the surface is already perfect for applying the new decal.

It really is the camels doohdah!! :rolleyes:

D

Still no takers on this one and no further trade's offered either, so I'll probably be withdrawing it from sale. I'm not really prepared to drop the price because it's worth more to me as a cracking bass and I don't need to sell it.

Last chance...!

Kets