Why become a member? ×

5 String Fretless Acoustic on ebay now - cheap!

theosd

[quote name='Beedster' post='87896' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:00 PM']Hello mate
How much are you looking for? I'm near you and might be interested in a fretless acoustic?
Chris[/quote]

Whatever it sells for really! I've had a couple of people ask for buy it now prices, but that would negate the sport of auctioning it! TBH I've never sold a bass on ebay before, so I just wanna see what the response is like. Good luck bidding, though!

Edited by theosd

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='87902' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:16 PM']Absolutely certain you'll only accept local collection? Otherwise I'd ask my fiancée to bid on it for me, but we'd have no way of picking it up at all... :)[/quote]

Fraid so... It's massive! Unless you can organise a courier, although I'm reluctant to post it cos it only comes in a soft case and I feel you'd be paying so much on top of what it'll sell for you may as well get one from thomann direct.

Edited by theosd

[quote name='theosd' post='87905' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:22 PM']Fraid so... It's massive! Unless you can organise a courier, although I'm reluctant to post it cos it only comes in a soft case and I feel you'd be paying so much on top of what it'll sell for you may as well get one from thomann direct.[/quote]

Well, my 5-string acoustic was posted inside its soft case, packed up with loads of bubble wrap inside and outside and then lots of paper and an insane amount of cellotape
If you'd rather not post it though, don't worry - but I should imagine you'd get a much better price on ebay if you give people the option

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='87918' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:42 PM']Well, my 5-string acoustic was posted inside its soft case, packed up with loads of bubble wrap inside and outside and then lots of paper and an insane amount of cellotape
If you'd rather not post it though, don't worry - but I should imagine you'd get a much better price on ebay if you give people the option[/quote]

You're probably right, but like I said before, people would be unlikely to bid with a courier cost of, let's say, £20 to ensure a safe delivery. I don't think the value of the instrument warrants that, regardless of its quality.

[quote name='theosd' post='90276' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:42 PM']Um, so people can see what's for offer. Is it against the rules?[/quote]

Well, they could see that if they looked on abay really....
The etiquette here as far as I have seen, is that you offer it for sale, if it doesn't sell, then put it on the bay. Most people, even then, will take an offer at the asking price from a BCer and end the auction. If it's an ebay only thing, it's best put in the ebay forum below this one. It's a bit annoying to look down the 'For Sale' list, see an item you'd really like, only to find it's not for sale here but on ebay, and then the seller keeps bumping it... :)
Perhaps I'm just in a bad mood!
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='90637' date='Nov 19 2007, 06:45 AM']Well, they could see that if they looked on abay really....
The etiquette here as far as I have seen, is that you offer it for sale, if it doesn't sell, then put it on the bay. Most people, even then, will take an offer at the asking price from a BCer and end the auction. If it's an ebay only thing, it's best put in the ebay forum below this one. It's a bit annoying to look down the 'For Sale' list, see an item you'd really like, only to find it's not for sale here but on ebay, and then the seller keeps bumping it... :)
Perhaps I'm just in a bad mood!
Chris[/quote]

Right, it's just that nothing seems to be selling on here and I need the cash sharpish.

[quote name='theosd' post='90969' date='Nov 19 2007, 05:43 PM']Right, it's just that nothing seems to be selling on here and I need the cash sharpish.[/quote]

So why didn't you state a price when I asked you for one above? If it had been fair, and given that I live just down the road from you, I would have popped up that evening and paid cash :)
At least on here if you get a low offer you can say no, on ebay, if only one person bids and it's low, you gotta sell!
Chris