Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX775 Fretless - possible trades.. ?

Machines

2003 Yamaha RBX775 in Flat Blue, defretted by myself. It sounds great as a fretless, but i'm just not using it :)

Would be looking to swap for a fretted 5, any offers ?

Here it is before I defretted, will get some proper pics later:

• 1 month later...

It's blue-ish (then again, I am slightly colour blind!). I'll try and get some pictures up tonight.

Only problem I had with it is the electronics were a bit noisy - only noticed when upgraded my amp to an EA iAmp. Then had the guys from Overwater service the bass, fix and shield all the electronics. Now plays nicely.

Unfortunately half-way would cost me about £50 in fuel on a return trip plus take a whole day from me.

Since originally putting this up a few weeks ago, i'd decided to strip it down and revamp it. I wasn't expecting anyone to come with an offer so far after really. I think it might be unrealistic to go head with this, I certainly don't want to risk a courier (don't trust them) so we may have to leave this.

Hey - what don't you get your RBX765 defretted anyway ? It'll sound the same as the 775 pretty much.

[quote name='Machines' post='107576' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:20 PM']Unfortunately half-way would cost me about £50 in fuel on a return trip plus take a whole day from me.

Since originally putting this up a few weeks ago, i'd decided to strip it down and revamp it. I wasn't expecting anyone to come with an offer so far after really. I think it might be unrealistic to go head with this, I certainly don't want to risk a courier (don't trust them) so we may have to leave this.

Hey - what don't you get your RBX765 defretted anyway ? It'll sound the same as the 775 pretty much.[/quote]

I think I might have to do that - was just being a wuss in case I damaged the neck.

What did you use to fill in the neck? I've noticed a variety of different things being suggested from the cheap wood filler to the expensive custom cuts of wood.

Regards,
Phil

• 2 months later...