Why become a member? ×

Modern trace-elliot

BarnacleBob

seem to regularly see TE 715 combos on gumtree/eBay at great prices - and the cynic in me wonders are they any good or u wouldnt see 'so many' in good condition for sale

looking for a 'compact' set up to replace ageing Peavey Databass (15" 450W) combo.

I know the trace needs an ext to get the full Monty and it weighs the same as the peavey but at least it has two handles!

Unlikely to go out with a band again so dont want to spend too much but would like something that doesnt clutter up my spare room 'studio' but would cut it in agig situation if the notion took me.

played trace gear in the 80s and early 90s and really liked it tho it was all huge then!

Cheers BB

Pop down to Brentford and buy my 715X BB. Never had it past halfway at gigs even without an additional cab.

I've been told by Trace fans it has the Trace sound of the older ones. Unfortunately that's not the sound I'm after.
I wanted something far more lo-fi and dirty sounding and it's cost me a lot more thean the TE did to get what I wanted.

The 715 without the 'X' has less power. I tried a 715 for comparison when I bought the 715X and it was pretty good but missed a fair bit of the 'oomph' that the 715X had.

No denying the weight issue though.