Why become a member? ×

audicity

jimmybass04

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='797868' date='Apr 6 2010, 06:34 PM']i downloaded the new version and all features are still disabled,? any ideas anyone[/quote]
Most of the features stay greyed out until you have a file that they can be used on. But, if nothing at all works then it sounds as if you do not have some software or settings that Audacity expects to see. So, what exactly is it that does not work in Audacity, and what can you prove is working on your PC?
For example:
Can you play CDs using windows media player?
Can you play MP3s using windows media player?
Import the same files into Audacity - can you see that signal showing on the meters when you play them?
If you can see it on the meters, can you hear it? - If not, check your soundcard settings, look for something muted or turned down.
If/when you get sound from a file opened in Audacity, go through a similar process on the input/record side to confirm that your sound card is routing signals to the right place.

Good luck

Regards

David

Edited by Mottlefeeder

hi there, my main problem is that when i record more than one track in to audicity they go out of sync.
iv looked on you tube (audicity problems) and they go thru the step by step guide to sync the tracks (latency)
my prob is that none of the tools ie at the top of the audicity page seem to work.
playing any files thru windows media etc is fine.
most of the editing features are grey. i downloaded a new version of audicity but to no avai.
as i said earlier i can record my first track but everything after that runs out of sync ,and it wont allow me to use the tool i need to allign the tracks. can you help at all. thanks, jimmy.

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='797929' date='Apr 6 2010, 07:32 PM']hi there, my main problem is that when i record more than one track in to audicity they go out of sync.
iv looked on you tube (audicity problems) and they go thru the step by step guide to sync the tracks (latency)
my prob is that none of the tools ie at the top of the audicity page seem to work.
playing any files thru windows media etc is fine.
most of the editing features are grey. i downloaded a new version of audicity but to no avai.
as i said earlier i can record my first track but everything after that runs out of sync ,and it wont allow me to use the tool i need to allign the tracks. can you help at all. thanks, jimmy.[/quote]
I can't help you with latency on multitracking, but the effects require you to select part of a track before they become selectable.

The welcome screen for audacity refers to an audacity user forum, so if you cannot select a part of a track, and select an effect to work on it, I would suggest that you contact them - [url="http://forum.audacityteam.org/"]http://forum.audacityteam.org/[/url]

David

Get Reaper instead.

I'm a lover of all ree and Open Source Software, but Audacity sucks as a multitracking tool IMO - its not even very good as a wave editor really.

Pay the minimal license for a copy of Reaper for home use and use a real quality bit of kit for the job instead.